Large Scale Central

My Web server was hacked

Please let my know via PM if any of my pictures on this site don’t look correct or have gone missing.

My web services account was compromised sometime around the middle of last month. It appears all they did was to set up a new server and.not touched any of my data. I was able to get back in and remove all the paid services they added and re-secure the account.

I have no idea how they gained access to my account. I’ve increased the password strength and added two factor authentication so it should never happen again.

Ugh, that sucks. I’ve been hacked here a couple of times. Once my AWS account was hacked, and they started up a bunch of servers. Fortunately AWS has fraud monitoring, and they caught it within a couple hours, contacted me, and we straightened it out and upped the security on the account. Normally my AWS bill is a few bucks a month, but they spun up over $20k worth of services. EEK!

Oof. Glad you didn’t get stuck for that bill. So far I’m only fighting them over less than $20

Somehow they also broke all my email accounts at radder.org. Everything sent there bounces back. I’ll address that on Thursday when I’m home.

You should have just paid the $20 ransom! Some Aussie apparently hacked your private cloud and is now sending these “diesel loving streamliner” pictures to all your LSC friends!

Radder 6

IMG_9479

Never heard of the guy myself Jon.