Large Scale Central

My turn to Act Goofy

Ok…I finally got round to making the changes on Trainop to reflect the changes I’ve made in the operating concept. I think I’ve got the latest greatest version. I’m experienceing some of the smae things others have noted. Mainly in cars going someplace that they shouldn’t.

Take the log landing fer instance. I’m thinking I should pick up empty flats at the mill…deliver them to the log landing enroute to the car ferry, then the next train going the other way should pick them up from the log landing…and return them to the mill…except that I end up picking up the log cars and hauling them down to the car ferry and then back to the log landing…Similarly the stone hoppers from the quarry are being routed up to the hotel instead of to the barge loader and back. Traffic is flowing as it should at the distillery, so I’m obviously just forgeting something…but whut?

I’m also seeing stuff supposedly deleted showing up in the car reports, I suspect that perhaps the DB is wonkey and the bast thing to do would be start over from scratch?

Ok…some fiddling and Bob has determined a large part of my problem is that I’m trying to generate too much traffic with too little rolling stock…so some adjustments there…little noodling with the code, and all seems well EXCEPT I have a reefer and two hoppers that are just sitting around up at the hotel, not going anywhere and not doing anything, shouldn’t they be routed back to the interchange?

And once again I answer my own silly question…I had not entered the hoppers or reefer as foreign road cars, so they were just sitting there politely doing nothing…

Don’t you hate it when software does what it was designed to do, not what you think it should do? :smiley:

At least, unlike Microsoft products, it doesn’t try and correct everything you do. I just love Grammar according to Bill Gates & Co.

But then again, maybe it should pop up a exclamation point box… “WTF did you do that for dummy?” when I route trains an illogical way.

One of the software wizards who worked down the hall could be heard muttering “Dammit, you know what I want!”

Bart Salmons said:
Ok....some fiddling and Bob has determined a large part of my problem is that I'm trying to generate too much traffic with too little rolling stock........so some adjustments there....little noodling with the code, and all seems well EXCEPT I have a reefer and two hoppers that are just sitting around up at the hotel, not going anywhere and not doing anything, shouldn't they be routed back to the interchange?
Soooooooo Bart, at that hotel ..... do they serve drinks on the rocks and that's how the hoppers got there? hehehe, just couldn't resist. :)