Large Scale Central

My, new to me, Chessie GP-40

So much for me not buying anything untill I had all my track down. lol. Anyway, this is what the big brown truck brought me today. :smiley:

It’s a little dusty and one of the MU hoses is broken. But other than that, everything works!

She is pretty. Um, ah, I mean for a diesel.

:wink:

Matt Russell said:

(http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p169/Alwaysbroke2006/G%20Scale%20Layout/Chessie%20GP40/photo4.jpg)

Purrfect to have Chessie with a cat

When I was a kid, I thought that paint scheme was the cat’s meow!

My wife bought me a BNSF GP40… while it is the ugliest thing I own, I must admit she runs like a champ, and has been relegated to MOW duties.

Wise purchase Matt, strike while the iron is hot they say.

Shapr looking loco by the way.

NIce…I love the Chessie scheme myself

Thanks Alan and Da’Rooster!

Great find, Matt… The GP40’s are good looking locomotives…

Meow
Meow
Meow

Thanks Stan!

Troy, that made me chuckle. lol.

I just realized I forgot to put the sun shades on for the picture. Probaby for the best. It’s back in it’s box for now. Railroad construction has just begun. :smiley:

That is a sharp looking engine. Looks like kitty approves.

Hey Matt…

Thanks for making me rethink my Chessie stuff!

Thinking

Thanks Todd!

Anytime Da’Rooster! :wink:
I’m a fan of Chessie, SCL/LN Family Lines System, Seaboard System, and CSX. Oh, and L&N too. I had an HO scale layout as a kid. I’m trying to get some of the same road names I modeled back then.

Nice lookin GP40 Matt, there were probably a few of those that ran thru Norris City back in the day.

Thanks Robby! I saw quite a few growing up. On a side note, I need to come up and get some track sometime soon. :smiley:

Nice loco Matt . Thats a great addition for your roster .

Thanks Mike!