Large Scale Central

My latest distraction, personal pan size Pizza

Figured I may as well post this on LSC as well, because I really like your work.

Holy diminutive structures Victor!

Are you SURE that you are not related to Malcome Furlow? Except for not being weathered almost to oblivion, your own work reminds me a LOT of Malcome’s narrow gauge modeling. (That’s meant as a compliment.) Great little store.

Best,
David Meashey

Thanks Dave, no relations to Furlow, just admiration. Give me time I’m sure I’ll get bored with this and re-weather the dickens out of it before too long.

Some new pics, and the new water-tank, Some shots of the interior of the hotel, all balsa-wood and a bunch of stuff from a local art shop that specializes in Mexican folk art, lots of really cool detail stuff that’s perfect for large scale

Personal Pizza is served: Overall Town, backside of town, Close ups:

(edit: 2017 pics)

(http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/vsmith/Personal%20Pizza%2012.jpg)

I got tired of how hard it is trying to focus on the layout while competing with all the background junk in the garage so I matted out the mess. Hopefully I’ll be able to bring this to the next show.

I’d love to try building one of those, only with a motor drive that spun the track in the opposite direction of the train …

No. I have no idea why, or what that would accomplish. But I do think it would be interesting to see if it could be balanced to keep the train stationary relative to the observer…

“I’d love to try building one of those, only with a motor drive that spun the track in the opposite direction of the train …”

Matthew;

Somebody did just that by building an HO layout on a bicycle wheel. The article appeared in Popular Science (or was it Popular Mechanics - I’m forever getting them mixed up!) in the late 1950s or early 1960s. My memory is a bit fuzzy on the article, but I do recall that the author noted that the hardest part of the project was syncronizing the rotation of the wheel to the speed of the train - so that the train stayed “stationary” while the scenery moved in the opposite direction.

Well, that may give you a starting point. Model Railroader may have covered this layout as well. You may want to check MR’s index database.

Good luck,
David Meashey

Vic, I need some cactus, how did you make those?

Wow that really looks awsome. You are the master at micro layouts. Did you see the micro layout site (Carl Arendt) is up and running. You should put it in their.

John Miller said:
Vic, I need some cactus, how did you make those?
John that cactus came from John Schnieder at the "Just Plain People" booth at the shows, that particular one was ont the Pizza layout as part of a Adobe ruin piece, but broke off, so I reused it here, where its a better fit. I got some resin cacti on e-bay but the seller has since vaporized, those are on the pizza layout. Check out the elemantary schools build a Mission Church kits, i picked up some cacti at Micheal's as part of the detail supplies they sell for these kits.
Shawn said:
Wow that really looks awsome. You are the master at micro layouts. Did you see the micro layout site (Carl Arendt) is up and running. You should put it in their.
I'm still a paduan when it comes to micro's ;) (no lights, no animation, etc..yet) Yes I saw that Carls site was up again, hope it stays alive, I will be sending them an update on the pizza as well as this layout. :D

Thanks, my brother is thinking about casting the cactus in parts, still researching.

https://youtu.be/E4uCbioimzg

The Personal Pan Pizza, Heckawe Junction, on the road at the 2016 Great Train Show in Costa Mesa

So cool, Love the outhouse. But think I would find some bushes instead.(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-surprised.gif)

Another video from the 2016 BTS in Ontario showing the Hekawe and Angry Beaver layouts