Large Scale Central

My first 1:24 scale figure

I call him Old Codger and he stands about 2 and 7/8ths of an inch tall. About 6 foot in 1:24 and 5 foot 3 in 1:22. This is my first cast, I am currently working in some detail and will dress him in some period clothing when I get him looking real enough. Its hard to get detail in clay for 1:20.32 scale figures, but for this small it was down right impossible. I am impressed with those who work in this scale all the time. I plan on getting some eyes on him, a little more definition in the face, shoe laces and some buttons on his shirt.

Good start. I feel your pain. I made some small figures that I had the art teacher(my replacement) fire.

Jerry,
You are a brave soul. I can not imagine doing figures in any scale less than 1:12 in clay that requires a kiln to harden! How did they turn out? No cracks?

Came out fine Richard, look okay in a train anyway. Made a couple for outhouses Ron Senek made for me. They are a bit crude, but I’m easy to get along with! I’ll try to get a pix.

Mine are all 1:29.

Here’s a couple of figures I did. Others are in the Pacific and the Rotary. Figure in the center is an Aristo figure I bought. Made the guy next to him about the same scale. The outhouse a buddy made was a bit larger, so that figure is about 1/24, I’d guess.

(http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/jerrybarnes/Figures/FigsComp.JPG)

Nice work.

Nice work, but it looks like the Aristo figure needs the toilet real bad and your figure is just taking too much time :slight_smile:

Give that guy a Sears catalog to read!

Richard Kapuaala said:

(http://www.mylargescale.com/1stclass/rkapuaala/Figures/codger-1.jpg)

I call him Old Codger and he stands about 2 and 7/8ths of an inch tall. About 6 foot in 1:24 and 5 foot 3 in 1:22. This is my first cast, I am currently working in some detail and will dress him in some period clothing when I get him looking real enough. Its hard to get detail in clay for 1:20.32 scale figures, but for this small it was down right impossible. I am impressed with those who work in this scale all the time. I plan on getting some eyes on him, a little more definition in the face, shoe laces and some buttons on his shirt.

thats impressive, i wish i had the skill and patience to be able to create figures, the best i can do is paint them :frowning: