Large Scale Central

My cut

Jon, Vinca minor will do reasonably well in the shade, I know 'cause I have lots of it in my yard. Be forwarned that if you have to or want to get rid of it, it might be a challenge

Steve… climate zone is 6 and moss has been considered.
Jon…Nice color I’ll have to keep this in mind
Randy… Thanks for the warning

Steve Featherkile said:
Are you in a climate zone where moss might be a reasonable choice?
Yes suggested that as well...the Irish has proven well here... 30 miles north of him. Native moss can be difficult seeking the "just right conditions"

Hollywooooooodddddddddd!!!

Jane says those two rounded headed bushes are boxwoods…

Andy Clarke said:
Hollywooooooodddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jane says those two rounded headed bushes are boxwoods…

Since when did you start listening too your wife?

Since he and a whole lot of other guys got smarter. Roosters don’t know this. :wink:

Randy McDonald said:
Since he and a whole lot of other guys got smarter.
Boy am I in trouble if you guys got smarter! :)
David Russell said:
Randy McDonald said:
Since he and a whole lot of other guys got smarter.
Boy am I in trouble if you guys got smarter! :)
You've always been in trouble, just never smert enough to realize it..... :)

Thank you Jane :slight_smile: you too Andy Doesn’t your boy remember you’ve always listened to SWMBO? Not just in the service when you had to.

should have added dwarf ajuga ‘chocolate chip’ -

(http://www.naturehills.com/images/productImages/ajuga_chocolate_chip_2.jpg)

a smaller, well behaved version of the normal bugleweed. -Brian

Native moss would be another option. Throw some down in the cut and see how it does. As long as its in the shade it swhould take well. Thats what I use on a section of my layout and it looks great

The picture of the sedum I posted I believe is called stone crop. I think that would look good espcially since you have a large area to cover. Plus the yellow flowers would brighten that shaded area up. GR mag April 2010 the Author uses it a lot on the St andrews line

I agree on the mosses. I have some that grow naturally in the highly acidic and shady soil near the railroad. I have successfully moved some of it. When excavating for my current tunnel project I salvaged quite a bit that will be re-used when I’m done. To keep it alive I just set it on top of the dirt pile and make sure it gets a little water now and then.