Large Scale Central

My AH HA moment in a photo.

In he AH HA light bulb moment I described in another post I thought I would add to it with a before and after photo. I know you guys love photos. I think it is a big improvement. The blocking and wiring isn’t done yet. Almost 2 feet was added to the far left track.
Comments?

Before

After

Nice Todd. Ah Ha. (http://www.freesmileys.org/custom/create.php?id=grey^^arial^^0^^0^^Great+Idea!^_^.gif)

Looks great… Is this raised,( with the ladder, I assume so) if so how high, and, is that plywood or something else? I’d like (or my knees) would like to get off the ground… something with less maintenance, that I could move relatively easily when we move.

“Light bulb!”

Interesting. Does the left track end at the bottom of the photo? If so I can’t see how you would get anything through that switch.

Jon Radder said:

Interesting. Does the left track end at the bottom of the photo? If so I can’t see how you would get anything through that switch.

It keeps going under the porch steps…if I remember correctly from the videos…:wink:

Now that a great idea Todd…

Ken Brunt said:

Jon Radder said:

It keeps going under the porch steps…if I remember correctly from the videos…:wink:

Aha!!!

You guys are correct the bench extends under the deck stairs near 3 feet. So that switch at the bottom left in the photo has enough track for my NW2 and one box car to get on. I usually work this yard with a shorty Aristo switcher so there is plenty of room for that.
Rain is expected the next few days and after that the next step is to wire these new tracks up for block control.

Here is a photo of the bench under construction Phil. My back yard slopes off and about 18 feet to the right of this photo the track is back on the ground. This bench is my favorite part of the RR and it requires the less maintenance. I use a Train engineer on the rest of the RR and I can isolate this yard from the rest and I use a LGB starter set transformer for it. Somedays I only play trains on this bench.
It is a simple design and it is so nice to see the trains without having to get down on the ground. The trouble is our trains take up so much room. This bench is 16 feet long plus the 3’ extension under the stair and 32" wide. I wish it was bigger but space wouldn’t allow it.
(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/capecodtodd/_forumfiles/newbench51913.jpg)
Thanks guys