Large Scale Central

MTH F7s

Just got a set of MTH Fs. Pretty happy overall with look and the quality. Lucky to find some of these:

So … Where is the review?

I’d like to see a review too.

What makes them so special, Joe. I can’t tell much about them from the photo, its too dark, and somewhat blurry. I can’t even make out the roadname. Maybe its Northern Pacific, but I wouldn’t even bet your paycheck on that.

(http://www.largescalecentral.com/public/album_photo/03/c2/01/1bf42_4c37.jpg?c=0c4d)

Looks nice. When do we get your review?

Features

• Directionally Controlled Headlights
  • Metal Wheels, Axles and Gears
  • Detailed Truck Sides, Pilots and Fuel Tank
  • (2) Remotely Controlled Proto-Couplersr
  • Colorful Paint Scheme
  • Metal Chassis
  • Metal Handrails and Decorative Horn
  • Illuminated Number Boards
  • Lighted Marker Lights
  • Metal Body Side Grilles
  • Spinning Roof Fans
  • (2) Precision Flywheel Equipped Motors In Each A Unit
  • Lighted Cab Interiors
  • (2) Operating Smoke Units
  • Intricately Detailed Polycarbonate Bodies
  • Locomotive Speed Control
  • (2) Engineer Cab Figures In Each A Unit
  • Proto-Sound 2.0 With The Digital Command System Featuring: Passenger Station Proto-Effects
  • Unit Measures:39" x 3 3/4" x 5 1/4"
  • Operates On R2 Curves

Sounds great. Nice fit and finish. Strong pullers with four motor to the set.

“(2) Engineer Cab Figures In Each A Unit”

Gee, that doesn’t sound right to me.

So, what is your take on them. Are they really good pullers? Do the motors/gears make a lot of noise? Inquiring minds wanna know.

:wink:

This “review” is like pulling teeth!

Joe Paonessa said:

Features

Sounds great. Nice fit and finish. Strong pullers with four motor to the set.

Yeap, strong pullers for four axled units. Quiet running with the sound turned down.
What else U want to know?
Don’t feel like fighting with the usual suspects.
I’d like to enjoy them before the war starts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrEqR0k8c5o&feature=youtu.be
about fifty some cars mixed brands looks like their limits. Probably more if they were all MTH.

I have been in the hobby for about 20 years. Have known about MTH for quite awhile. Got one of their surveys when they were looking at starting. Never had seen any run(sort of rare beasts!) and then a guy here in Nebraska was getting out of the hobby and offered stuff up for sale.

I got a good deal from on a MTH Hudson and the remote and TIU unit. I was impressed by the detail, the fact that it came with remote control and good sound/smoke/effects and ran good. I have since picked up a Challenger and the same applies to it.

Most live steam is 1/32nd scale(and growing in popularity) and personally I like the 1/32 outside, the longer trains look better(due to the smaller size) and don’t take up all my trackwork.

Don’t get me wrong I have 1/29 also and still run it some, but the MTH seems to get pulled out more and I’ve picked up some Great Trains F-7’s(they are 1/32 also) and am enjoying restoring them to use. I even have a little 1/20th left over I run, including my live steam shay I made. So room for it all, at least to me.