Large Scale Central

More track work

Nice work Patrick(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Making some progress on the landscaping. I seem to be landing right in the middle of garden and layout. By that I mean there are some sections I am seeing as model project and some where garden landscaping is dominant. Either way, it all seems to be bleding into the backyard rather nicely.

And as seen here, I am finally getting to that first turnout. I got some more rail last week and will be painting it sometime in the next few days in preparation for the next phase of track laying.

Gotta get some more stone too.

Here is a close up of my first aluminum brazing joint. Of course the paint will be sanded off the top once I get everything in place.

I kinda mucked up the point a bit but after doing quite a few of these in N scale, I’m confident it won’t affect the function. I can’t wait until I get some time next weekend to get to the rest of it!

There’s Theoretical Points and Actual Points as you have modeled.

That’s a clean looking frog, nice job.

John

My latest build log entry for anyone who may be interested.

http://www.largescalecentral.com/articles/164/build-log-pr-krr-supplemental

By the way, I like the idea of keeping a log and jotting down my ideas but sometimes it strikes me as a bit narcissistic.

Do I really think anyone cares to read my incoherent ramblings?

Thanks John!

Great blueprint there.

By the way, I saw your recent post about your railroad. Even among the rubble of construction and despite the critter invasions, it looks like great fun!

Patrick McGrath said:

By the way, I saw your recent post about your railroad. Even among the rubble of construction and despite the critter invasions, it looks like great fun!

Thanks, The New and Improved will be even better!

Said Pooh hopefully.

Brazing aluminum I found is not dissimilar to soldering brass but is nowhere near as easy. Much more heat required and I couldn’t get the brazing materiel to flow as well. I think I needed more heat still.

Patrick, as to the question you asked, YES I read all these build logs, small little details you might not think are relevent might answer a question a newbie like me has, so keep them coming I for one love these articles, blogs/forums