Large Scale Central

Modern brake wheels

I know this sounds dumb but where on this page do you “private message” ?

never mind I found it

2 Likes

This was the prototype I was looking at. It is sorta a transition era (steam to diesel)type Ajax.

Are you doing a more modern version ? Eather way i’m interested.

Actually it’s a great question….
If you select the 3 dots, you get some new icons. One of these is a flag, or notification icon (at least I think that’s the one-too hard to tell as I am using a tablet right now) press that and you get a nice message thanking you for being civil and you get a chance to send a message!

Or click on the picture or name of the poster. Up pops some info about them with a big MESSAGE button. It allows you to send a message in the context of that specific post.

1 Like

Sure, tell him the EASY way! :innocent:

Devon,
Hit your 3D model with a ballpeen hammer and give it some concave to it. Say no more than 6" scale in depth. Maybe even less. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I understand exactly what your saying Craig. I did try messing with that a bit and it was turning out to be be much harder than it looked. I am going to work up a more modern style and I really do need to figure out a good way to make them concave. I agree 100%

I think I figured out how to do it. Or at least sorta.
Brake wheel 2
Brake wheel

Not perfect in my opinion but it is better than the first one.

So Mike wanted something a little more modern. I am the farthest thing from a modern brake guy. Since I do not really model anything other than steam so far. After a bit of digging and looking at more modern cars we both came up with this one that we like.

Eelcon National
Made by Ellcon National. I like the added feature of the lever which I assume is the release and the exposed ratchet sprocket.

So far this is the hand wheel I have drawn up.

Ellecon Brake wheel

And yes Craig I took a virtual ball peen hammer to it.

Here is the ratchet and the two together

I like it
devon , check will be in the mail tomorrow.

1 Like

oops wasn’t meant to be posted here.