Large Scale Central

Models on Models

Am I the only one here who finds an add joy in pairing up models of the same car but in different scale? Take this for example:

On top we have a brass HO model from Overland and below is a G Scale version. Both are of Reading RR GP-35 #3640, the only GP-35 to wear the all-green-machine look that the Reading used prior to Conrail.

Or this pyramid:

On top we have Z Scale, then HO Scale, and finally G Scale - all of Procor covered hoppers.

Finally, I present this image:

On top is Z scale and below is G scale, both are black Procor tank cars.

Nice. Somewhere I have an N scale Guilford SD45, I need to dig it up and put it on my 1:29 one.

I don’t know why when I saw the title “Modesl On Models” Swimsuits came to mind…

That is neat CZ.

I saw a photo once somewhere of a large scale diesel sitting on the hood of a real one. That was cool.

Todd Haskins said:

I don’t know why when I saw the title “Modesl On Models” Swimsuits came to mind…

That is neat CZ.

I saw a photo once somewhere of a large scale diesel sitting on the hood of a real one. That was cool.

Glad you liked the stuff. I have taken some of my G Scale engines to meet their 1:1 relatives. One such engine was the GP-35 #3640 seen above.

I’ve also taken my 902/903 pair to meet the real engines:

What a neat idea! I hope other folks take up this idea and post their photos of like set-ups. I am planning to take my Shays to Roaring Camp in California when I rob the trains over the Labor Day weekend, and shoot them with their prototype. My 2-Truck and my 3-Truck are decorated with the Roaring Camp & Big Trees paint scheme.