Large Scale Central

Mina Mine bunkhouse

Looks GREAT Bob. Mind if I ask a few tech questions on your printing?

FDM material? ABS? And what brand?
How hot are you setting your bed to?
How is your 5 min epoxy holding up?

Thanks, and it’s looking like you’re having a lot of fun!

It’s PLA+ from IIIDMax. It’s as good as Hatchbox PLA but a metric ton cheaper (Occasionally on sale for 7.99/kilo). Printing at 200c/60c at 50mm/s. 5 min epoxy seems to work well, I’ve used it a couple years for assembling 3D printed stuff and it holds well.

Thanks for the specs Bob.

Work continues. All the trusses and supports are in place, time to sheet the rest of the roof with PVC.

1 Like

Looks GREAT! And very strong. And realistic. And quite fun!
Home run, Bob!

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Drawing trade

Looking good BD. Sorry for the interruption. Back to the regularly scheduled programming :innocent: :sunglasses:

That’s looking great. Got to love 3D printing. Males short work of those rafters.

All those trusses will really weight the building down . No worries of that roof getting blown off :cowboy_hat_face:

So, PVC for the roof…anything else? Tin, corrugated roofing?

Yea, corrugated roofing and walls. Pondering if I want to do some kind of basic interior, or frost the windows and just avoid the whole problem.

Personally, I’d frost the windows. You won’t be able to see ANYTHING on the interior. (If you MUST do an interior, I’d just print some stock photo views, or stick pictures in the windows. I can almost guarantee that you won’t notice either way) :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Just tint them black and call it an Amtrak 1/2 way house. Or you could cut up some white or ecru fabric and hang some ratted out curtains?

Some more work this weekend. Have the front porch mostly in place, and the individual bunk rooms attached to the PVC floor. The porch needs some more details and the outer board put in place. I can’t do that until I get the roof in place so I can build the supports for the porch roof.

Gluing up the sub-roof and details.

Next up, I need to paint the doors and windows, get the doors in place, and then start on the corrugated siding/roofing. Getting there…

That’s gonna be a big one Bob. Great modeling and use of new technology.

That’s a heck of a bunch of trusses. This is gonna be very cool. No one spends this much time on a bunkhouse. Very neat build.

Looks very nice!

Where does this go on your layout, Bob.

That is a lot of trusses. I don’t know how you got them all together and kept them straight. I’ve been struggling getting six together and straight. Good job, Bob.

I have one of these

that helps me lay things out, plus a few small framing and machinist squares, and lots of re-measuring until everything is in place. I glued up six trusses at a a time, and re-measured the next six to make sure nothing moved before the epoxy set.

1 Like

Great tool Bob. Just ordered one. Thanks.

1 Like