Large Scale Central

Mik 2024 is on the way!

OK gang it’s been a year, and Mik 2024 will launch tonight…

This is to Fill in a couple of things…

1st, To give you all a full 5 weekends to build in, the calendar this year would only leave 4 days to get it all together to start on the first weekend, so I decided to push the “Build Start Date” out in the time line. Weekends are important to those with a full time job to be able to compete…

2nd, I raised the $ amount a bit… But to try and keep it on the cheep, as per Miks wishes. When the first challenge started it was only $10… The idea is to not price it out of anyones budget, even those on a limited fixed income…

3rd, The price of wheel sets and trucks have become ridiculous! And now days a single wheel set would push the cost over the limit. SO… Henceforth and Forthwith if you choose to build a Mik Challenge that uses trucks or wheel sets, or couplers, Their cost will not go against the build total. Other undercarriage details and parts, will count against the total build cost.

4th, With international contestants, they get to push around the dates so that they comply to my time zone. US Mountain Time. Some of you are 8-9 hrs ahead of me, and some are 8 hrs behind me, Adjust the days accordingly, you figure it out using the math from rule #1.

OK so much from my $.02 soap box…

Wait till late tonight…

The trucks for my Mik Tin Can build would now cost a small fortune!

2 Likes

Team Mueller standing by for orders, Sir!

Found this on the web…
I was hoping to find a logo, a motto, etc. for the LSC Mikmas…