Large Scale Central

MIK 2023, Petes Bank of?

Those guys are right. Great color choice on the doors. I’ve seen a number of older banks with doors of black. Gives the idea of strength to the opening. JMHO TMMV :sunglasses:

Moving along I have all the “brick” glued ont the shell, the shell glued to the base, and windows and door frame added.

to the right of the building I am working on a roof wall , just something to give the building a little more bulkiness or strength. we will see how this turns out later , gluing them together right now.
one of the sides and the “porch”. Should be close to done with building things and on to finish work

That’s coming out to be a right fine building. Looks like a building that would be found in any downtown in anywhere America.

Getting some more stuff glued on, made the rooftop edge to give the bldg some more bulkiness.

Sure does look NICE!

Well done.

Boy that sure would look great with a nice fancy sign.

Pete, I have said it before as have others. But your skill level on this build grew exponentially. I guess retiring has given you some time to explore your artistic side.

This is a top notch build

So today I took Dan’s advice and made an A/C unit , using a chunk of composite wood, a few small pieces of window sunscreen and some 26g wire.

Also added some ribbon from Michaels as curtains for the windows , plus I painted the window frames black for some contrast

2 Likes

That AC unit really adds some realism! Nice work.

Thanks Jon, I have a feeling the other building owners on the layout will be calling for their places to have units installed. I think for a hour or so work it turned out pretty good!

Love the AC unit. Gives a big blank spot some visual interest

It’s official. . . I don’t like Pete anymore. He informed me that he is struggling to find things to add to his model because he is done with it.

And I am in a tizzy because I have to much left.

Boo hissss

Pete, great job on the AC unit. Just guessing, but is that a Trane? :rofl:

The entire bank looks awesome.

Oh we have a winner for best comment

Well to be fair , I am not working like you , so it was a lot easier to get stuff done by not being gone out of town for days and days .

Dan , now I HAVE to look up and make a logo on the A/C unit, anything less is now a failure! Just when I thought I could relax a bit! Gee thanks!!! BTW that was too funny , didn’t think about it like that, hope the color doesn’t need to be changed now, you know you cannot have a red John Deere tractor, that’s blasphemy!!

If you want it to be a unit by the Trane company the color will have to change :grin:

I’m sorry, Pete, I certainly didn’t intend to cause you any extra work. But @Devon_Sinsley will be happy to know that you are not quite finished.

Pete and I can be friends again

Oh, you could have a red John Deere:

The March 27, 1969 issue of The Delhi Dispatch featured an advertisement announcing Delhi Implement Co., Delhi, La., receiving the “South’s first shipment of John Deere’s new custom colored weekend freedom machines.”

You could choose from patio red, sunset orange, spruce blue or April yellow — and even “let your wife pick out her favorite color … and make sure every neighbor on the street won’t have a tractor that looks just like yours!”

download (1)

The way I see it, when the 1:24 gang was up painting the roof buttress, they just painted the Trane unit too!

If you want it to be a unit by the Trane company the color will have to change.
Yeah I walked by our A/C unit and it is a dark Gray Trane, so might have to just wing it and call it a Hilyer A/C unit and leave it “Hilyside” beige.

1 Like