Large Scale Central

Member Listing

hah!
for almost half a century i’m free of shoveling snow!

looking forwards to the pics, you guys publish next season.

cu.k

toenailridge? hmmm, toenailridge there was something…
must be about ten years ago…

in hindsight i must say, that the stories of the toenailridge have deeply influenced my attitude towards modelrailroading.
before i laid some track on carpet, dust or lawn and built some crude cardboard buildings for stations.

after i read these stories, i began to dream up stories and then tried to build them.

so, a belated thanks for your stories.

cu,k

========================================================

Sean and Rooster,

i’ll answer later.
this new software DOES NOT ALLOW me to write more than three answers.

maybe Noel got it right, and the chitter chatter style of facebook is, what we all have to adapt to.

korm

Korm, I am catching up on that mark every year in my own isolated outpost of the hobby! Looking forward to seeing you get active on the site again, as you were always full of neat ideas for repurposing non-railroad materials. That was key to getting the clan from running trains to building a miniature world.

I’m with you about a lack of physical social component, but LSC has been a pretty good and welcoming alternative.

Aloha,
Eric

first permitted answer:

yes.

have a look here:

http://kormsen.info/bridges/trestlebridge/

cu,k

second permitted answer:

at first i read “poultry”…

so 50ish. soo young. that gives you a lot of time, before the colonel of kentucky gets you.
when i was fifty i was just busy going nearly bancrupt with my ranch.
since then i built up a business (general-store), had a job, founded a fire department, built some rental houses and built half a LS layout (the one i’m packing up now)
so you got time enough for a lot more or less usefull things yet.
btw, your layot needs lots of flat background buildings along the fences!

historical research? that’s exactly, what i do too. i’m looking through the moving boxes from our last move. (2005 or 2006, or so)

beware of the molt,k

last permitted answer:

aloha,

that makes me kind of proud, because it was a pleasure to observe the evolution of your team’s skills.

cu,k

Late to the party here but damn good to see you on the board again Korm. Sorry to hear you’re dismantling the layout, glad to know there a new one proposed.

hello,
yes, definitely. if i live long enough.
it depends a little on the overall economics. if that goes down, we will close the generalstore.
in that case i would have a playroom of 64 by 48 foot.
but if we keep the store running for the next five years or more, we’ll build a “play-barn” in the garden. maybe 30 by 50’, or so.
in any case enough for me to build a layout, without coming in danger to finish it.
building a layout is - for me - soo much more fun, than running trains in circles…

as in the past, i will transfer the parts, that i like most from the former layout onto the new one.
some backgrounds, the trestle, the hotel (if it ever gets finished) and so on.

only bad outlook is, that i don’t know how i will be able to brag enough with the difficulties at posting pics

cu,k

Apparently you haven’t tried the new easy pic posting that came with this sight. I mean copy file from your file folder. select the upload arrow at the top of this message box and paste your file. Can even post straight from your phone if you have them there. :sunglasses:

yes, i know. then the pics are stored on the webspace of the forum.
do you know, how much pics one can upload, till the space is full?

maybe, when i have repaired all the links in my old threads, that point to the pics on my own webspace, i’ll try out how fast the space here gets full.
(what i don’t like, then i have to upload the pics twice and will have still the problems to include older pics.)

but that’s tomorrow’s sorrows. sorting, cleaning and storing stuff doesn’t produce many pics.

cu,k

It’s all good and LSC has always ruled!

Hi Korm. I have my Dtr. and her Hubby living there now and keep the place up. This is so we can keep the Garden R.R. and Ho out back going with buddy off and on. On Animation. always making something. “Part of the Hobby.” On Animals… ya now just down to 4 kitty, 48 large Koi’s (Fish), 7 Large Turtles , Dove’s with baby’s and so on. lol.
Now, some of us /Train guys are re-placing some 2’X6’s boards along the long fence line on the Garden R.R. Al way cont. building on as it’s over 600 ft. or more. We also now are setting up a two trolleys line of around 140 ft.on my other place in Elk Grove to go on as auto stops and starts at stations. This is a interesting build that is picking my brain on electronic building. Anyway Korm, keep up the new’s there for all of here in the USA and Yup. your R.R. to. Noel
"P.S. Still waiting for gal in doubt milking the cow…Lol. I have for you the animated Cow "