Large Scale Central

Man Cave Remodel Idea: yes or no

John Caughey said:

I’d wash 'n seal, don’t want rust transfer.

Use it as a motivational tool when you’re daydreamin’ er imagineering.

A.K.A. butt modeling. (https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

That’s kinda the way I am leaning too.

That’s the patinaI was picturing all along. I think I would do some body work to get the general shape back to the body but only as long as it didn’t affect the finish. A body hammer and block with tape on them kinda fix only.

Steve

Steve Borges said:

That’s the patinaI was picturing all along. I think I would do some body work to get the general shape back to the body but only as long as it didn’t affect the finish. A body hammer and block with tape on them kinda fix only.

Steve

Steve,

I really think I do want to leave the patina the way it is. And for the most part between the two cars I have one very solid front half that would not require any real body work. I mean it would still have dents and dings but between the two cars I have enough to make one front end with no “crunched” parts. The only thing I don’t have is a good hood. I would have to go on the hunt for a hood. I know where there is 29 hood but its longer. They must have switched to a 6 instead of a 4. But what I can’t figure out is the frame is exactly the same so not sure how it would bolt up right. But since I am not making a working car if it looks right it is right.

But its either leave it like it is (maybe some minor reshaping) or all out restore it and paint it and make it look new. I can see the merits of both.

But since the “theme” of the man cave and the indoor RR is 1940 back woods logging mining I think the rusty patina is more fitting.

If you mounted the longer hood in the open position , and mount your large screen TV in font of that , you wouldn’t really see how much longer it is.

Oh ya were the engine was , you could put a cooler …

The TV is going in the windshield. As for where the engine is you will open the hood (its the the side opening kind) on one side and thats where my hobby tool box will be.

The longer hood would be fine if it fits right with the fenders and radiator and some other cool parts. I will just have to mess with it.

Cooler would work for me. (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)Later RJD

Devon

Decorate to your liking. Enjoy the build and using the new space.

As a renovation contractor, I recommend you also make sure (with money, labor and/or materials) that the basement doesn’t flood again. I did not see or read how it flooded in the first place…

Have fun!

I believe we have the flooding issue fixed. There was a pipe leaking behind a wall. And it finally gave way and started spraying. We also had a foundation leak. I believe I have that all negotiated. I will be cutting in some drains as there are none now.