Large Scale Central

Major Railroad Buys $15M Worth of Plastic Railroad Ties

Major Railroad Buys $15M Worth of Plastic Railroad Ties
By Jonathan Bardelline
Published February 16, 2011
Email | Print | Single Page View
Tags: Recycled Products, Resource Efficiency

NEW PROVIDENCE, NJ — One of the eight large railroads that operate in the United States will buy $15 million worth of recycled plastic railroad ties from Axion International.

Axion, which makes composite building products and railroad ties from recycled plastic, has also built plastic bridges for the U.S. Army.

The railroad involved in the deal isn’t disclosing it’s name, but it’s one of the eight Class 1 railroads that have tracks in the U.S.

Read more: http://www.greenbiz.com/news/2011/02/16/major-railroad-buys-15m-worth-plastic-railroad-ties#ixzz1EAohudpG

Forrest you thinking about expanding the railroad. :slight_smile:

Wonder if they are Aristo ties? :stuck_out_tongue:

Geoff George said:
Forrest you thinking about expanding the railroad. :)
"I can neither confirm nor deny those allegations."

Oh, great, now we have to replace millions of wooden model railroad ties to make them like the prototype!

Oh. Wait. Never mind…

Robert

Robert Murphy said:
Oh, great, now we have to replace millions of wooden model railroad ties to make them like the prototype!

Oh. Wait. Never mind…

Robert

That’s funny - good one.

That recycled plastic stuff is rather pricey, be interesting to know how many ties you get for $15 million.

Gary Buchanan said:
That recycled plastic stuff is rather pricey, be interesting to know how many ties you get for $15 million.
Four.....
Andy Clarke said:
Gary Buchanan said:
Four.....
Ya Andy but dont forget that is with free delivery on those four ties.

Andy doesn’t wear ties?

A fancy silk tie would not go with his ‘standard’ denim shirt that he always seems to be wearing…:slight_smile:

Randy McDonald said:
A fancy silk tie would not go with his 'standard' denim shirt that he always seems to be wearing...:)
Randy.... I never wear shirts.... that blue stuff is my skin.... :)
Andy Clarke said:
Randy.... I never wear shirts.... that blue stuff is my skin.... :)
What??? You need a heart now too??
Andy Clarke said:
Gary Buchanan said:
Four.....
May be 1 mile.:O