Large Scale Central

Mac OS 27 AI

Top photo is the 40’ Standard Gauge box car I built in 1:20.3
I pulled it up on the Mac, right clicked and got chose “edit with.”
I chose “image playground” and it turned it into the bottom pic.

Image playground version turned it into a modern box car or a container with a side door.

Before

After

Pretty smart in its editing. Interesting.

original

colorized

Pretty cool, John. Do you mind sharing what site you used, and how your request was phrased?

I just picked a locomotive pic off of a random D&RGW history site.
Then sent to an app on my Mac called “Image Playground” and asked it to colorize it.
That’s all. I don’t even know if the color is correct, but it is pretty fancy like the Bachmann’s.

If you have a Mac with the latest Operating System (Golden Gate) or the last one (Tahoe) Image Playground is free from Apple in the App store.
It’s not as good as Adobe Pixelmaker, but it’s fun to play with.

You can do this as well.

This photo of an unhappy man with an Amtrak needs to be captioned…

I’m sure Rooster might have a few remarks. :grinning: :blush:

Interesting to see what Google Gemini does with the same B&W photo

Nice. Now that you made me think about it, the “Russia iron” boiler jacket, and all the brass (or “brass”-painted) bits seem more authentic in the Gemini take.

Both are incredibly detailed in the colorized areas though, even down to the lettering on the pilot wheels.

That looks better than my version.

Fixed it for you considering the original pic was taken less than 10 miles from there. Back in the day in the hood.

1 Like

I was waiting for that. I might have to re-fix it. :grinning: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

The original pic was taken at our fallen flags property know as Hollywoods ( Dave Marconi) place. I miss the hell outta that oldman.

1 Like

Andy Clarke, Jon Radder, Ric Golding and a few others were there that day as well…

Where the once famous Radder’s Butt Photo tradition was born!

1 Like

Rooster, I restored the original back to what it was.

This all reminds me of…

Added Mary T…

Aaa what the heck, in for a penny…

1 Like