Large Scale Central

M&M RR buildings

I am going to post my buildings that I am building here. I don’t think most will be as involved as the church and don’t need a dedicated thread.

One room school house still in need of roofing.

Livery Stable/Black Smith also in need of roofing. I was in need of cans to make roofing. We were out and about yesterday and Marie said stop at the redemption canter, after telling them why she wanted empty cans they gave her a garbage bag full for free. Now I have enough to make lots of roofing.

1 Like

Mark, what are you using for the siding, it looks great!

Al P.

1/4’ CDX plywood. I used my router table with a jig to cut dados to create the board and bat siding. Worked good, could do it on a table saw too but I didn’t want to tie up my saw.

Mark,

I see it now. it looked shiny like it was a foil when i first looked at your Photo’s.

Al P.

Here is a picture of my router table jig. Cut the first dado then line it up with the thin board that will give you a bat. The farther away the board is from the cutter the bigger the bat. I am using a 1/2” bit to make the boards and leaving 1/8” for the bats.

Nice setup for doing that !

One side of the roof on the Livery stable/Black smith shop is done.

Got all the shingles on the school house, just have to make a cap.

Made some stalls for the livery stable and it is out side now.

1 Like

Made some desks, chairs and a wood stove for the school. Waiting on wife to paint the school name on.

That wood/coal stove is screaming for some tin on the wall :grin:

Good idea. twenty characters :man_facepalming:

@Rooster There you go :joy:

Made a buckboard to go with the farm. Waiting on cans to make roofing for the barn.

Send me your address and I’ll send you plenty of cans! I go through enough of them that you could probably put a new roof on your 1:1 house.

1 Like

the wheels.
did you buy them, or did you make them?
if made, how?

Bought them on Etsy.com from Wildwoodworkerz, laser cut from 1/8" hardboard, I hope painting them protects them from the weather. The wheels are 1-1/2" in diameter.

Thanks for the offer. We will stop at the redemption center, my wife got a garbage bag full last time she went for free. The only thing that we drink in cans is Hard cider and that’s only me. Awestruck is ten miles from me and they make hard cider and said they would save me there empty cans, NY does not have a return on cider cans.

Decided the school needed a flag.

2 Likes