Large Scale Central

LSC 17th Anniversary

Thanks Bob!

I’ve been a member for only a couple of years and don’t partisapate all that often,but, this is my goto place for Info. about my favorite pastime.

I like all the great diversity. Some are great story tellers, some are great historians, others are great technisions, electrictions, modelers, some very great modelers!!

And, let’s not forget the comedians! I’ve had some prety good laughs.

Thanks again Bob

Adam

So, would the road number be just 17, or 17XX, to give the cars some individuality?

Steve Featherkile said:

So, would the road number be just 17, or 17XX, to give the cars some individuality?

Im thinking it also needs a shut up rooster somewhere on the car.

Shawn, we could just tag Rooster’s car with that.

Travis Dague said:

So, if we can get a group of guys together which I don’t see a problem with that… :slight_smile: what would the cost be per sheet? Does it depend on how many sheets are ordered? How does that work Stan? I have never ordered or had decals made… :frowning:

Hi Travis, et al… Yes, it would be great for folks to be able to have their own special commemorative car and we certainly can work something up… There’s all kinds of things that can be done…

I think it’s Bob’s decision right now. I’ll be happy to work with this to make it a win/win for all… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Since I’m the guy to blame for this ideer (yes, Rooster, yer off the hook, this time), I’m in for a car. (Big Smile)

Steve Featherkile said:

Since I’m the guy to blame for this ideer (yes, Rooster, yer off the hook, this time), I’m in for a car. (Big Smile)

I hope we’re still talking just a decal set, so it can be done in any scale…

I don’t want to end up with something like this:

This could be a nice car. How 'bout a USA Trains reefer? Kinda consistant with the convention reefers or box cars?

Wow. Bruce… You stole my design… Whadcha do, hack my computter… It was supposed to stay top secret… :slight_smile:

Michael Kirrene said:

This could be a nice car. How 'bout a USA Trains reefer? Kinda consistant with the convention reefers or box cars?

Stan does decals, so you can put the “LSC 17th” logos on any car. As I don’t do 1/29th, decals make a lot of sense.

Pete Thornton said:

Michael Kirrene said:

Stan does decals, so you can put the “LSC 17th” logos on any car. As I don’t do 1/29th, decals make a lot of sense.

Ah, I see. So just get the decals from Stan and apply them to your own car. Cool.

Lets see, I have 3 surplous Delton classic boxcars, and 3 surplus Roundhouse reefers. I could do a reefer and tag it with “Very Cool”. :wink:

Been a busy weekend. Stan has sent me inital proofs of the decal set. I need to look them over and give final approval. Should be a fun project.

I would be in for a set as long as there is no glitter and no chicken on them.

Chris

Bruce Chandler said:

Bruce

Could you possibly tell me where I might score a wagon as such! I have scoured the internet but found nothing?

MLS Celebration car, celebrating loss of all user pictures, going back to the drawing board.

(I’m going to get in trouble for this)

Bob McCown said:

Been a busy weekend. Stan has sent me inital proofs of the decal set. I need to look them over and give final approval. Should be a fun project.

Bob… Just a consideration. We should probably leave off all mention of poultry. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Greg Elmassian said:

MLS Celebration car, celebrating loss of all user pictures, going back to the drawing board.

(I’m going to get in trouble for this)

Bhahaha! Greg Please tell me you posted this on MLS, If you didnt, I will! LOL

Wow even though I have only been a member for a few years I definitely want a set of decals.

Thanks BD for hosting this site, It has made a world of difference to me, I was hunting for some information and this and the "other ’ site came up, this site was easier to get on and find information, so as the old saying goes…

Vin Vende Velcro, I came , I saw, I stuck around!

Not forgotten. Any update?