Large Scale Central

LS trains as Christmas Ornaments

Well not exactly hanging from a Christmas tree,but…

Here is the “back story.” Last winter Tennessee was slammed with very cold temperatures. My locomotives overwinter usually in an unheated train shed. After they thawed out from the low temp extremes I realized that one of the Li- ion batteries was shot and had to be replaced.

So, this year I negotiated to have them stay in the warm house. In gratitude for their acceptance in to the domicile I put them to use as Christmas decorations and ornamentation.

Here are a few pictures of them snug in their LED beds and surrounded by yule tide rail fans.

Thanks for looking and Merry Christmas y’all.

Doc Tom

I love it. Very nice. Merry Christmas to you and yours Doc!

Very festive Tom.
Last year I set up a train wreath using a 21" circle and some RR bits. The wife asked this year “you’re not going to set up that wreath again this year?” which pretty much means “don’t you dare” so this season just this photo will have to do.
Merry Christmas.

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/capecodtodd/_forumfiles/TrainWreath.jpg)

That’s great Tom. Getting my SWMBO to agree to that would be a stretch for sure. (there is a super nice mantle behind the wood stove in the living room that is ‘screaming’ for a big black ‘Connie’ decorated in Christmas decorations.

Well played, Doc!
All these train-resistant wives need to be sent back to goodwife school, or maybe to basic Christmas spirit school.
Here in the Americas, Christmas and trains belong together like Florida and sunshine, or ham and eggs. or…
The Train-themed wreath is lovely, Todd. Put it up in your man-cave :slight_smile:

My FWRR live steamer is a festive red and green, so it often features under the tree:

We have our Stainz set around the tree, same as its been for 25+ years… SWMBO always wants it set up.

Gee, and this year we don’t even have a tree. We have a new to us dog who like to “play” with everything he can find.