Large Scale Central

Lou's 2024 MIK Challenge

This is a fun project and really does fit the true spirit of raiding the junk bin.

No one has picked up on the reference to “He-man Wimmin Haters Club”.

I think some have, you lil Rascal. :grin:

Never heard of the guy myself Lou?

Yesterday paint was drying, today glue drying. No pictures of those extreme inactions.

This so reminds me of Harrisburg station!

The “Concrete” is drying.

Have the one wall that was left from the original switch tower installed.

And lastly, this end is where the stairway, maybe elevator, maybe climbing rope will go.

Oh yeah, here’s another lesson learned not involving blood: Don’t glue the roof on if you need to get inside to remove masking tape from the windows! Extra work.

1 Like

Yea, been there ,done that :smiley:

1 Like

I am down to watching glue dry - AGAIN.
There’s something I’m getting good at.

Although I just saw on TV a career I could have pursued - A Certified Juice Therapist! where was this when I was trying to decide what to do with my life?

1 Like

Nothing like great Tv! Sounds like you got “glued” to your seat. Do juice therapists get to say, but wait, there’s more!?

OK, here are the previews before the Glamor shots.
You can get in here, but ya gotta know the Secret Password.

Side shot. This was a Watchtower that was missing most parts.
Parts left over from cannibalizing passenger car shell.
The one wall I had from the original kit.
A Kid’s Club would have put this together with whatever they could find.
This was "The He-Man Wimmen Haters Club.

Onward to the glamor shots.

I knew you could do it. You had good bones to start with and made a very unique nostalgic little siding building. A switch tower turned club house for the Lil Rascals gang. . . Yes I did get the reference though they were before my time.

Lou,
Considering all the innuendo surrounding my Mik build being a cat house, I was surprised that no one suggested your He-Man build lettering could be vandalised…:astonished:

Love the build. What did you make with the 1st cannibalised part of the carriage?

Thanks for asking, Bill. Those were cut off heavyweight passenger cars to make my PRR MP-54 fleet.

Finished product:

1 Like