Large Scale Central

Looking for information on Camelback's

i have been googling for Camelback drawings but found one so far, and it’s only a basic right side for a Class H-1 2-8-0

I would be interested in any information on any of the following:

0-4-0

2-8-0

2-8-2

4-4-2

4-6-0

I am still looking around for doner trains that i can use the complete drivers from because IF i can get this all worked out, i may consider mastering a Camelback body.

As far as I know, Camelback’s were only used on standard guage lines and not on narrow guage.

if you know of a book title with nothing but drawings (with spec’s) or drawings (with spec’s) and some pictures reference of the Camelback’s, i’d be interested in hearing about it so i can search for a copy (and if i can afford it).

so right now this is more or less a fact finding mission before i go any further with this.

This has drawings with photos of several Camelbacks mixed in.
An old 2-8-0, a Jersey Central 4-6-0, not sure if there is a 4-4-0.
But you get the idea.
http://www.amazon.com/Model-Railroader-Cyclopedia-Vol-Locomotives/dp/0890240019

"Product Description
Presents details and measurements of steam locomotives from their first appearance to their final days. Includes nearly 1,000 rare photographs and over 127 HO scale plans, notes, and specifications for almost all steam locomotives in North America. "’

Product Details

* Perfect Paperback: 272 pages
* Publisher: Kalmbach Publishing Company (June 1980)
* Language: English
* ISBN-10: 0890240019
* ISBN-13: 978-0890240014
* Product Dimensions: 13.6 x 10.9 x 0.4 inches

It also tells how all the plumbing worked, how suspensions worked, and the like.

Thanks!

I think my brother (living with one of my sisters) has a book like this, but it’s old and tattered, and knowing him, in a box somewhere - use to belong to my Uncle Ken (i think).

I also took note to some of th ebooks listed along the bottom of the page, i’ll into them as well

Welcome Chris -

Is that Altoona PA ??? I’m jealous. I’d love to be able to get to “the curve” more than once every few years. I really tried to find work out there 6 or 7 years ago when I was unemployed, but not easy for a guy with my skills - so I ended up stuck here in New England and can only visit PA.