Large Scale Central

Looking for a real RR Job?

The World Famous Cumbres & Toltect RR is hiring.

Looks like just about every thing on the RR has an opening.

Come on Guys… Sign on and get to play with the real steam trains.

1 Like

Been there; done that. When N&W became NS “my” railroad (N&W) got totally screwed up! I’m too old to qualify now, but that’s OK. I’d rather be a modeler and enthusiast anyway.

Regards, David Meashey

I paid into Railroad Retirement just long enough to get vested and hopefully get a few bucks once I turn 62.

Sounds like a fun retirement gig if you’re already living in that area as I’m sure the hourly pay won’t be enough to raise a family. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

With retirement less than a month away now and family in both Denver and Tuscon areas, this might be temping - but… I’d rather work or volunteer for my favorite three footer in Pennsylvania - the East Broad Top. I’ve been looking at houses in the area and it looks like I can buy a reasonably nice place with plenty of room for $100K or more less than I can sell my present home for. That is exactly what I need to be able to pay my bills on just SS and a Marilyn’s small pension.

This one, right in Rockhill Furnace, is less that $200K and includes two lots.

I’m a year or two away from pulling the trigger unless something amazing comes up. I missed this Victorian right on the main street of Orbisonia with a big fenced rear lot and off street parking access from the road behind…

Bit of a commute from here! :nerd_face: :palm_tree:

I’ll pick you up along the way…