Large Scale Central

Locomotive No.3512: The Sunken Train 1000 Feet Below A Canadian Lake

I watched the entire video and I usually don’t bother. But this was very interesting. It has it all;
Water Adventure
Micro Drone Sub
Choo-Choo
Remote Control Gizmos

Now if I could figure how to model this in my backyard…

2 Likes

Are you sure of the location of that “Supposed Canadian Locomotive” ?

The picture shows a locomotive equipped with “Buffers”. No Candian railroads with a locomotive of that age, would have been equipped with buffers.
FJPM

2 Likes

Yeah, I saw that picture and no, it is not of the locomotive. The missing locomotive is a Canadian Pacific M4 Class made by Baldwin. It did NOT have buffers on it and is an American made 2-8-0
that looks American. Blame the art department for fouling that one up!
Notice too, that that pic has four domes on it and the headlight is on.

Bruce G.

1 Like

thanks for posting that interesting video!

Ok I admit fast forwarding , didn’t hear was the locomotive under steam when it went over , and wouldn’t it pretty much explode?, I saw the wreckage parts and think maybe it’s in a pieces and will be very difficult to bring up!

That was fantastic !!

One hell of a story/documentation ending with the mans/vets 99th birthday where he got to fly again! Something he would have not gotten to do had the crew made other choices!

Thank you for sharing this, I passed along to others outside this community!

:rooster:

1 Like

Pete;
The locomotive was pretty much cooled down after loading on the barge and had basically no steam. The caboose was on that same barge as well as a wedge plow. The crew was sleeping in the caboose when they were awaken by the tug crew to GET OFF THAT SINKING BARGE!!
They tried to move the locomotive but it had no steam and the splashing lake water froze the wheels to the track! They jumped off to the tug and the line had to be cut from the tug to the barge. Presto! Swimming choo-choo no more!

Deneh

I agree with the engine that the Buffers are not correct for that engine, or as far as I remember. As a kid I called those Buffers, Clankers which I still call them today, I would never model a railroad with Clankers engines on it. I don’t know Clankers is a word, as I couldn’t find it in spell-check.