Large Scale Central

LGB track Question

I bought some used LGB track. Among the track I bought were some 1015 U AND 1015 T insulated tracks. Exactly what do these do? They must do something more than a plastic rail joiner to justify the $24.95 price tag.
Ralph

No nothing special, just checked an old catalogue. “U” is one rail insulated, “T” is both rails insulated. With tongue firmly in cheek: it must be collector’s value combined with the extensive German engineering that bumps the price up. :wink: :slight_smile:

Thanks HJ,
I saw that the rails were insulated. There is a “black Box” in between the rails. This has 6 wire connectors inside the single insulated track I opened up. Two positive connections marked 1A,1B. Four negs marked 2A,2B.
I think the $24.95 price is more German pride than collector value. They are pretty old price stickers from a hobby shop.
Ralph

Ralph Berg said:
I bought some used LGB track. Among the track I bought were some 1015 U AND 1015 T insulated tracks. Exactly what do these do? They must do something more than a plastic rail joiner to justify the $24.95 price tag. Ralph
YOu can use them to power your track, If you do a reverse loop then you can put a diod in there and not have a power feed back. There are lots of things you can do with them. I use them to do a siding track that will change trains. They are real neet items.