Large Scale Central

LGB Euro Starter Set Wanted

An autistic friend of mine who isnt really online is looking for a complete boxed LGB 20301 Euro starter set. Needs to be compete with track, train, transformer in its original box. He is on fixed income/SSI and is saving a bit each month toward this goal. I gave him a rough guess on its cost based on what I see on ebay, taking an average of what the nicer and complete sets are listed for. He has Lionel now, but the noise bothers him and he and his mom love how quiet my LGB runs. He is ready to make a start in G, just have to find him a set. Anybody here have on or have a line on one thats for sale for a good price. Thanks in advance from me and his mother. Mike

A friend in Ohio is selling one $300 plus shipping, used on an indoor display, in EC. Doesn’t sound like you wanted to go that high.

It’s the Stainz set with four figures and two different color passenger coaches.

Let me know if you’re interested and I’ll forward you the info.

• Paul

Mike, the best advice I can give you is to post on two or three of the G-scale Buy/Sell Facebook pages. I see those LGB starter sets advertised for sale all the time.

I will dig deeper once he has cash in hand. He is about half way there in saving up. Lots of them on ebay as well, some overpriced, some not.

Mike Toney said:

I will dig deeper once he has cash in hand. He is about half way there in saving up. Lots of them on ebay as well, some overpriced, some not.

How much more does he need? Perhaps I could help?

He is talking about holding off and just keep saving so he can get a small live steamer in G scale. Our small steam group is about the only in this area he can join up with. So I have been telling him to keep saving his money instead of buying other stuff so he can get his own engine. But, I dont know. He had about $100 set back but then bought his mom a birthday gift. I will talk to him later and see where he is at in his saving. Been trying to get him to save for a Roundhouse basic series like Sammie or the Jennie loco rather than a Ruby, which can be tempermental to deal with.

Mike Toney said:

He is talking about holding off and just keep saving so he can get a small live steamer in G scale. Our small steam group is about the only in this area he can join up with. So I have been telling him to keep saving his money instead of buying other stuff so he can get his own engine. But, I dont know. He had about $100 set back but then bought his mom a birthday gift. I will talk to him later and see where he is at in his saving. Been trying to get him to save for a Roundhouse basic series like Sammie or the Jennie loco rather than a Ruby, which can be tempermental to deal with.

Well, if he sets up a gofundme, then I might contribute. Not sure what THEY take out of it.