Large Scale Central

LGB and Bachmann track

Hi, I’m new to the group and seem to be having a track problem. Is it possible to connect LGB and Bachmann G tracks together. Thank You, Johnie (Help)

No No & No and don’t use bachmann outside either, will rust to dust outside. The Regal

Uh oh, nobody told me, I mix them in the house every Christmas… BUT NOT OUTSIDE ! ! ! ! !

Bernie Alsbrook said:
Uh oh, nobody told me, I mix them in the house every Christmas.... BUT NOT OUTSIDE ! ! ! ! !
how?

You need two separate loops! One for Bachmann track, one for LGB track, they will not hook together.
You can use LGB USA and Aristo track together.

C’mon, guys. Think about it.

From the B’mann board:

Bachmann G Track Blade (Pin) Removal:

Turn the Bachmann track over, and look for the bent up tabs cut from the rails near the center tie. Gently bend the tabs up to match the profile of the rail, then slide the rail away from the blade. When the rail clears the blade, lift the blade out.

Save the blade for future use. (I store mine under the tie, with a piece of black electrical tape wrapped around the tie.)

Slide the rail back and gently bend the rail tabs to hold it in place.

You will need some other method to hold the track sections together, as the Bachmann plastic clips will not work with other brands . I have used 2 rubber bands per joint wrapped around the end ties, though there is probably a more elegant way to do it.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik

Anything is possible, but the $64,000 question is “Why bother?”

…you hit the nail on the head, Tim…why bother.

Why? To save some money on an indoor layout.

John, see my post in the “For Sale/Trade” sub-forum.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik

To hold the mixed type track together, I just use black velcro, works real good and is great for temp layouts also.

Nothing wrong with using Bachmann track indoors for temporary layouts. Its totaly worthless for outdoor use, You can easily mix and match USA, LGB, Aristo and new the Piko track. Lionels track was also a bit strange in thier G scale line up. Mikie