Large Scale Central

LGB 1800 switch problem

I’m taking a break from kitchen remodeling to work on the layout.

I’m beginning to think the electrical challenges may be related to my LGB 18000 switches. I have only used them with battery/rc for five years and now that I’m also adding power I’m struggling.

I have found an 18000 switch that had a dead spot when I get to the plastic frog. I would guess the metal flanges aren’t getting power. I hate to tear the switch out to work on it but is there any solution?

Switches are always a problem with track power. They are one of the reasons I gave up and went to batteries. Good luck.

All my switches are manually-operated, just like the big boys, and I have no problems. Oops, I was asleep at the switch and didn’t read your note twice. Yeah, I would isolate exactly where the problem is, then suspect a screw is loose or a connecting wire has corroded. Let us know what you find out.

All mine are manual too but I have one left hand that is dead on the left-hand side. It is fine on the straight side.

Turn it upside down and check the brass busses to see if they are solidly connected.