Large Scale Central

Lets see your train sheds

Noel:

Thanks for the compliment on the train barn

A very good friend fabricated it for me out of steel and I covered it with 480 hand cut cedar pieces, windows, doors, etc, and it really turned out well.

Regards

Jerry

I made this train storage from some Colorado Models pieces. Redwood frame in the corners and to support the roof(Di-bond sign material). Only holds four cars and I’ve gotten where I just leave the cars out in the yard mostly. I have about 15 cars out to make up a freight train. I haul out my passenger cars in totes on a little cart from my garden(train) shed. . I live in the country so no fears about theft/vandalism.

Green Jerry, that’s all I can say, green! Your RR and yard look great. I like your shed. Forgot when you originally posted. Fits nice in its placement.

You guys might be interested in the “doggy doors” being discussed in Garden Railways Magazine. I posted a photo of my friend’s door to his garage and got 3 orders for them (I have nothing to do with the doors! But I did call the guy who made them and he promised to figure out some pricing and get back to me.)

I keep two trains under the bench on the back porch ready to run.