Large Scale Central

Layout photo

First time picture poster here so lessee what happens…

Edit: No dice! I followed Bob Cope’s simple tutorial to a “T” and for some reason it doesn’t work.

(https://www.largescalecentral.com/FileSharing/user_6638/Mike’s%20Folder/100_2124%20[800x600].jpg)

Michael,

Where did it fail? Did you load them to freight sheds? And what browser are you using?

It looks like Mike did upload to the Freight Shed, but what was uploaded does not seem to be a picture!

Below is the URL:

https://www.largescalecentral.com/FileSharing/user_6638/Mike’s%20Folder/100_2124%20[800x600].jpg

White spaces appear to be replaced by “%20”, and it seems size info appears appended as 800 by 600 pixels.

-Ted

Michael Kirrene said:

First time picture poster here so lessee what happens…

Edit: No dice! I followed Bob Cope’s simple tutorial to a “T” and for some reason it doesn’t work.

Photo inserting

1. Start by uploading your photos to a server. You have storage space in the Freight Shed on this web site.
  2. After they are uploaded, click on the file you want to open.
  3. Once it is opened, RIGHT click on the picture and select copy image location. DO NOT use the url in the address bar of your browser.
  4. Next click on the insert photo button in your post and paste the image location in the source line.
  5. Look at the dimensions. You will see them if you click on the first box (height). Make it 800 then click on the second box and it will automatically be correctly scaled.
  6. Then hit OK and your photo will be in your post.

Paul, Ted, and Joe, thanks for your input. I quarantined my Coronas, went back and changed the file names, opened a Heineken, and that worked! (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif)

Michael,

Glad you figured it out. A glass of wine usually works for me. That first photo goes way back. SD45 9102 has history. It was used in an article on detailing in the October 2005 Model Railroading magazine. I purchased it on Ebay and reworked it for Battery and Airwire. The turnout in the first GP9 photo is a # 10. 39 inches long!

Michael,

I don’t even remember some of those photos. The one you posted a 6:06 is basically the same shot as the one I put up on 3/15 with the station that was installed a couple years ago.

Paul, you and your photos are what inspired me to find four USAT Southern Pacific GP9’s (two Bloody Nose and two Black Widows) and convert them to Airwire/Battery operation. Left to do is to take the incandescent bulbs out of the engines and convert them to LED’s. Down the road, I’d like to install oscillating Mars lights (Gyralights?) on the engines. I don’t trust myself doing this; I would rather turn the locos over to someone more experienced at it than I. I really like the prototypical lighting and other mods on your Geeps!

A few more photos of your layout later. Glad I archived them!

Michael,

I had to pretty much scratch build the gyra light housings. They are now available if you look around. Check Shapeways for 3D printed castings. Their search engine is not the greatest so you might have to try a few things to find what you want. Try just searching for 1/29. The lights are just programed off an Airwire G3 or G4 decoder. Nothing to it. Thanks for posting the photos.