Large Scale Central

Laying new line begun

Ralph Berg said:
Wow. Very sharp. I have no throws on my switches. Run that way all the time. Just counted 23 switches yesterday. 13 shouldn't be a problem ;) Ralph
Doesn't that make it hard to use the sidings? ;)

More to come…with trains too…gotta get the boat ready for SWMBO first :wink:

I hear that. We launched Saturday for the first time in 3 years. Need to pull again to fix lights, but we are good to go for day cruises :slight_smile:

Very neat, looks like an organically grown railroad with the gentle curves that follow the contours of the terrain!

It’s 95% fill Hans :slight_smile:

Larry,

Really like the look of the ballast. Overall great looking railroad.

larry mosher said:
It's 95% fill Hans :)
Larry,

I sort of expected that, but what counts is the impression that it’s organically grown. Knowing how to place the fill to get the effect is not everyone’s cup of tea. Especially lacking when the builder has a problem imagining the scene in a spatial way. :open_mouth: :confused:

Dear Larry,

Wow, nice layout. You must have put tons of work into it. I noticed the crossover in your drawing.

In order to avoid backing through the right crossover in the upper center, I would suggest either adding a left crossover next to it, or changing it to a double crossover.

Those crossovers make turn around loops, so if you are track powered, you will have to gap the track and use polarity changing (electrical) switches (or autoreversers).

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik

Edit: Added first three sentences.