Large Scale Central

Last 6 Count Down Days to Mik 2023

I tested positive last Friday, and now wife has it and kids, as they were all stuck here with me for Christmas. Very much like a head cold, as it’s the same type of virus.

Peter, Get the Paxlovid, it really does help, I noticed a change the day after I took it, I’m better today than in the last 12 days but this monster goes after your weaknesses. In my case sinus and chest congestion giving me raging coughing fits and preventing me from being able to sleep unless I was bolt upright. I think I’ve expunged over a gallon of mucus and phlegm. The weirdest was it actually cause me to get conjunctivitis. So yeah this is nothing to take lightly, it really stinks.

Y’all need to get better quickly.

My wife has something, but tested negative for COVID. She had it once and did the Paxlovid treatment. It did help her a lot, but the whole time on it she had a nasty metallic taste in her mouth. Funny thing is we co-habitated without masks the whole time she had it and I got nothing.

Confirm the metallic taste, nasty but at least you know it’s there working.

the other option is ivermectin.
i, unvacced, got it, took twice a day 12mg of ivermectina (not the one for horses!) and was fine after 9 days. then i was back to my normal chainsmoker coughs.
only the ability to smell took longer to return. that was not so bad, when i didn’t even smell my own farts…

Thanks, Vic, and that was the first thing I did. It took about 4 days for my symptoms to subside, and I am still using Kleenex at a ridiculous rate, but I feel fine. Still testing positive. No problems with taste or smell.
Wife got her Paxlovid and her symptoms are almost gone (2 days.) Unfortunately, she reacts totally different to colds and usually gets sinus infections. She now is waiting for that. . .

Meanwhile, in Hawai’i, we are prepared to engage in our annual tradition, a playing of Railroad Tycoon (now Railways of the World) as we count down the New Year and await @Dave_Taylor1 to announce this year’s Mik theme.

Happy New Year and BRING IT ON!

Eric