Large Scale Central

Lassen Trucking Advert

He doesn’t even like John Force. That makes he an unreliable and biased source

I thought Tesla was using their semis to haul batteries n such over Donner pass between factories. Must be fake news.

Tesla has tried to “prove” there trucks can keep up with diesel rigs. Let’s face it string enough batteries together to enough electric motors and yes you can jeep up. What these experiments don’t reveal is how far can they go before needing to be recharged, where do you charge them, and how much physical weight are they hauling. What we have seen is one or two videos of an electric tractor speeding away from a diesel tractor. What we don’t see us that electric tractor pulled over for a few hours to charge while the diesel tractor drives by and delivers its goods hours/days ahead of the electric tractor. It’s not apples to apples. Whats important when it comes to shipping? Whether a tractor can do 80 up a pass for 100 miles or a tractor that can do 60.over the pass but continue for 1000 miles?

Well if i remember correctly reading the interwebs these kids look at all the time, folks rallied against the automobile, the steam train, and of course the diesel locomotive. So we will see.

Several large auto/truck makers are looking very seriously at Hydrogen Fuel Cell power. Quick refueling, little added weight and the only exhaust is water vapor. I think I read that at least one will be ready for market sometime next year.

1 Like