Large Scale Central

Lake Town & Shire in April GR

That is a very good article and a simple scheme to run operations. Best of all: geared to junior operators! I bet you won’t hear Don and Jane moan about the hobby getting “too old”.

Hans-Joerg Mueller said:

That is a very good article and a simple scheme to run operations. Best of all: geared to junior operators! I bet you won’t hear Don and Jane moan about the hobby getting “too old”.

Going to visit this railroad this year.

This is the type of railroad I am planning to build, but with a point to point added also.

Yes Dennis,

Loop to loop is good, point to point is better; the extra work is built in.

We have quite a few potential junior operators in the immediate neighbourhood, I just have to get the trackwork finished.

Dennis Cherry said:

Hans-Joerg Mueller said:

This is the type of railroad I am planning to build, but with a point to point added also.

Here is a N-scale layout I have on a door using both. Want to now build an outdoor with this unfolded some in a ‘U’ shape around 60 x 30 feet.

The RED dots are block boundaries.

![|640x420](http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/dennis_cherry/MyFiles/N-Scale Layout.bmp)

Dennis Cherry said:

Dennis Cherry said:

Hans-Joerg Mueller said:

Here is a N-scale layout I have on a door using both. Want to now build an outdoor with this unfolded some in a ‘U’ shape around 60 x 30 feet.

The RED dots are block boundaries.

![|640x420](http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/dennis_cherry/MyFiles/N-Scale Layout.bmp)

Wow! impressive trackplan

Will be interesting to see how it transfers to the garden.

That traack plan sure has a lot of action but will it be stretched out? The reason why I ask is with all that switching in the middle there is alto of track to step over and on.

It will be neat to see it in the real world.

Trains start in blocks 3 ®, 10 (L), 6 and 14 leave spurs. The train in 6 & 14 return to the spurs by backing into them when finished.

Trollies start in blocks 18, 19, and 20 and share the siding (12) with the mainline.

Depending on how the trains are started first the action is different.