Large Scale Central

Jackson Southern RR

I have uploaded some pics to a hosting site showing the room, shelf details and the first revenue service.

Wife says I should keep the entire place for trainsinstead of moving all my reloading gear there too. She likes it and has been great help organizing and cleaning after the construction. I have to finish moving gear to the other end of the room and start on the benchwork for the rest of the layout. I’ll try and get my track plan on there too. Thanks for all the help! Andre’

Beautiful!

You don’t recognize the name “Mylon LeFever,” do you?

“Trains up in the sky.”

Nice work Andre !

Oh yeah Tom Mylon LeFever, broken heart, love it

Geeze! Nice weathering on that dismal…looks like the Crash Spill and eXplode units I see almost daily!

Wow! and I thought my RR was elevated. Nice job Andre and that engine looks superb (even if it IS a diseazel). Glad to see you’re moving forward on all fronts, both railroad-wise and photo-wise.

Richard

My boys called that “The Dancing Song” when they were little:D

Thanks , you certainly show a great answer to what I have been thinking about for inside trains , but I am unclear about how the cornor is done , I see a custom cut angle piece for track support at the cornor , but how is it held/ attached , to support ther track ?

Thanks , and yes the loco really looks like what I see every day at work , sometimes weathered worse , I will try and catch the worse on for a photo .

Dennis,

I cut the corner angles at 45 degrees using the width of the corner at 90 degrees. 38 7/8ths inch across the front. I have the section cable tied to the other shelf sections, about8 ties per corner. Holds it very securely. No signs of flex when anything rolls across it.

Andre’

Thank you Andre for the info , do you have more CSX locos ?

Yep, I have three “crash,spill and Xplode”. 2 SD40-2s and an NW2. All are fitted with Lionels TMCC and railsounds. I had a u25 in CSX but the paint flaked so badly I bead blasted it and repainted to ATSF zebra stripe. (Yeah I know one never existed but I like the scheme and its MY RR!!! hehehe)

I stole Jerry’s multiple power input idea. I used a center off DPDT switch to allow selection of TMCC or std DC via a TE. Am running a new 1st generation SD 45 on it now. Pulling 22 hoppers it makes a glorious sound with those metal wheels.

Andre’

I did not know that the Lionel TMCC could be put in our large scale locos . I certainly like it in my Lionel and Atlas “O” sized locos .

Dennis,

Check out Train America Studios:

http://www.tastudios.com/

Sound is quite good and plenty of control features too.

Andre’