Large Scale Central

IPP&W Progress for Fr.Fred

Ric said:
What more could you want?
September to arrive so I can go play with everyone at Marty's....:)

Anyone that’s not been to one of these gatherings (Marty’s Ric’s or Fred’s) just doesn’t know what they are missing…!!

FLASH! Latest update of the track upgrades on the IPP&WRR This is the new “Rat Portage” trackage alongside the house, you can see the “Fir Grove” trackage on the left of the picture.

This is looking at it from the other direction.

In the upper right portion of the picture you can see the interchange with the IPP&WRR. I think this is a fine example of the fact that you don’t need a lot of track or a lot of space to have a great switching layout. Between the interchange and yard, this is a lot of switching. It is almost certain that the crew calls will have to be expanded to handle this increased work load.

I think the Rat Portage guys are plotting a takeover of the rest of Fred’s yard!

As I recall, that’s the sunny side of the house…hot over there…

But, it looks good and should make for some interesting operations. I’m glad to see that end of the layout get some attention.

I was wondering how long it was going to take until you got trackage over there…

Bruce Chandler said:
As I recall, that's the sunny side of the house...hot over there...
I would think for that one week of warm (certainly not hot) weather, a canopy could be constructed for that side of the layout. Maybe a fan or an air conditioner, also.

Did anybody else notice how close that new trackage is to the basement window? I can see some Winter time expansion coming into the picture. And then if a helix was built, there would be access to the upstairs. Just thoughts, just thoughts.

Fred Mills said:
Ric has been known to promote a mixture of holy waters that will kick the sox off most any red blooded soul. Don’t ever suggest that Ric isn’t into railroading. Railroading is in his blood.

In don’t believe that. Ric is a Tea Totaller…

JR

“Ric is a Tea Totaller” That would be Clinton County Tea or at least a local product that sounds like Tea and that would be SKI. (You can sing that to the tune of “The Music Man” if you know the song.) The Excelsior Bottling Plant #2 has gone into the high production schedule to prepare for our trip north in 6 weeks. Beep, ba beep, beep, beep ,beep, beep, ba beep We interrupt our normal, regularly scheduled bull session with more breaking news - Important news has just been picked up on the wire. Our ace reporter on the scene in Ottawa has been able to transmit some photos out of Canada through the normal channels of tapeing it to the back of some Canadian paper money. The RP&M inaugurated its new passenger service today with a tour of the RP&M and IPP&W using the new gas electric car M3.

Also, RP&M and IPP&W crew worked together to prepare the right of way for the new IPP&W - RP&M Interchange track at Glen Hammond.

This is great news as plans come together for the Invasion. All reports from the forward scouts, says it will be a great campaign.

Update Dateline Nepean Glen Hammond Interchange is complete. From the east -

From the west -

Looks like more fun for all involved.

Looks good I guess some day I will have to go that route as age will get you for ground level RR which is where I’m at for now. Hummmmm reminds me of my HO days building train tables. Yak, Later RJD