Large Scale Central

Indoor Layout Yard Tower Lights

I’m wondering if there are folks out here who have adapted O scale yard lights to their indoor G scale layouts.#### I’ve seen O scale yard tower lights from Aristocraft/Lionel/MTH and was wondering if others have modified these to better fit G scale. Adding a base of some sort might make them look taller.#### One example is “ARISTO-RMT Rail Yard Tower MTA SUBWAY”#### My local hobby shop stocks O scale yard lights from Lionel and almost identical reproductions from MTH. I was surprised how close the detail is between these two brands.

Any photos or links to layouts that utilize yard tower lights are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If you apply the 10 foot rule just making them taller by building a base or extending the tower might pass. The lamps themselves will be too small, but who will notice?

Have not done anything with yard lights, but I have taken O-scale signals, and installed them on the tracks of the G-scale Modules, that are connected with the clubs layout… I wired them into the accessories line and with the LGB switches, so when the switches are thrown, the lights change colors… The O-scale signals look ok to me…

You can see the signals to the right side of the picture:

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/andyc/Club%20Layout%20Pics/Club%20layout%2011-28-2010%20Pic%203.jpg)