Large Scale Central

Indoor Layout 23 x 13 room to many loco's and cars

Moving from home, indoor, to my office. Most of the table top construction is done. 23ft long along the long wall, center section 8ft length 10ft widt counting 1 ft of window sill. Right section 8 ft long 9ft wide counting window sill and left side 7 ft long by 9 ft 6 in wide. The long wall has 19 feet of window sill in the center of the 23 ft.

My mind is cluttered result a maze of brass lines and circles. At the end of this project I would like to have a siding area to stage as many locos and cars as space will allow and the rest as many interesting circuits as possible. I plan to run one track elevated Swiss Mountain type line hopefully.

Was thinking of a siding layout feeding to 3 for circuits with parallel sections as well as crossing each other. Sounds cluttered right.

Hoping for maximizing number of tracks and cars and locos in given sapce without so much clutter to be unattractive.

Any and all ideas welcome. There are opening 23 inches wide 8 ft long in the center section edge starts at 31 inches from the window (12 inches of window sill + 19 inches table top) each end has a 23" by 24" opening as well. Can put in hatches to fill openings if necessary later? Was thinking of hiding openings with mountians.

Please help this cluttered train brain.

Fred,

A sketch and some pictures would be nice.

Agreed, its kinda hard to get any ideas or offer advice without some sort of plan or diagram.

I’m indoors also, at 10’ x 19’ but I ended up with a kind of “Less is More” approach to track planning.

Sorry have never added a picture or sketch?

Hi HJ,

Sent pictures to you yahoo address, from 2003.

Thanks,

Fred