Large Scale Central

images and links in messages don't seem to work?

This is kind of trivial because there are easy workarounds, but it seems like the same text editing is available to compose a message as for posts, but images and links work differently, i.e. not at all near as I can tell.

I was messaging with Devon and wanted to send him an image. I embedded it using the standard method and instead got something like this (I have no idea how this will pass the HTML safety code):

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5e/1b/d3/5e1bd36536a7c5c4f63f0c54e114679e.jpg" alt="" width=“640” height=“481”>

Something vaguely similar for links.

However, if you just paste the url in as regular text, it gets turned into an active link, which is the easy work around.

yes, you are trying to use an image from Pinterest, who go to great lengths to not let you access their pictures outside of their web site.

I never use their site, because of the advertising and bullying to join. I have tools to workaround it and see pictures and download them, but you are fighting the system… it’s just that site…

Greg

Thanks Greg! Sorry for the false alarm…

I use Pinterest to store all my train pictures and get the URL to post on sites and have never had a problem can even post pictures from some one else, don’t know, Bill

It can be done, but you need to be a member, and get the right url.

Note carefully: I have NOT said that you cannot make it work, but it is difficult in many cases.

Same basic rules on URLs as always… get the URL, then test it yourself in a browser WHILE not logged into whoever the provider is. This is common for facebook, pinterest, photobucket, etc.

When you are a user, you can of course see your stuff… but when you try to make something visible to someone who is NOT a user of facebook, pinterest, photobucket, you get caught.

Also, clearly this is a way for these companies to get more members.

Greg

Thanks again, Greg. Good explanation. I use tumblr.com myself as they seem to (so far) have no restrictions on images. I didn’t even pay attention to where the image was that I was trying to share. Shame on me!

Cheers!

I’ve been bitten by Pinterest, found a picture I wanted to look at, and then a bunch of garbage popped up and covered the screen to obscure the picture… brought out the heavy artillery and ripped the junk off the screen, but what a pain…

Greg