Large Scale Central

I'm getting an itch for another loco..

Todd
You could have an interchange with Mass Central

http://photos.nerail.org/showpic/?photo=2014041916275912238.jpg&order=byrail&page=1&key=Mass%20Central%20Railroad

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/modelListRR.aspx?id=MCER

Just giving you the can of worms!!!:wink:
Sean

You guys are a HOOT . I was hoping for some clever witty remarks when I started off this thread like it was a 12 step program and you guys didn’t disappoint.

That Mass Central looks a lost like a Boston and Maine Sean and that is more up your alley. I’m thinking more along the lines of the Mass Coastal which generally has the unglamourus chore of hauling the trash train off Cape and is painted up much like the Cape Cod Central maroon and black scheme. I often see it sitting through the trees from RT6 by exit 8. I still haven’t painted my S4 to resemble a Bay Colony engine but that one has been getting too much track time lately to be pulled from service.

Todd
Yes that pic does , but look into the other engines.
The other list gives you what they used and what is available on the market.

The point of my response was:: the reason for you to have more motive power, and they might of interacted with each other.
Todd, I think you are afraid of there paint theme ( no Maroon )
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1502656\

:wink:

I’m getting an itch for another loco…

Don’t they have a cream for that?

One can never had enough locos or trains in general! I always tell my wife the same answer, trains or money in the bank…you cant take either with you to the next life. So enjoy it while you can. However I usualy lack the money to buy the trains I really want. Miketheaspie

Mike, I can see your point, but I am running out of storage for my trains. Besides, I can only run 2 trains at a a time, so having in excess of 30 locomotives is getting close be being extreme for my situation.

David Maynard said:

Mike, I can see your point, but I am running out of storage for my trains. Besides, I can only run 2 trains at a a time, so having in excess of 30 locomotives is getting close be being extreme for my situation.

Is that relatively extreme?

I can definatly understand that. At one time I was in that boat, mostly in HO scale and Lionel. I sold off whatever I barely ever or never ran and used the proceeds to buy my first live steam engine. If there is a certain locomotive that you have always wanted but never wanted or was able to afford what it goes for, you might look into selling off a few and getting that dream item you have always wanted. Just an idea. I only wish I was in your shoes in regards to G scale locomotives. I have a grand total of 3 LGB engines, 3 shared ownership live steamers and 1 that I own. its all “relative” HJ! :slight_smile:

I know the feeling. I love building locomotives. It’s something of an addiction. There are models that I’d love to build “just because,” and prototypes that are always in the back of my mind in the event I find a suitable platform to start with. And, yes, the problem is exacerbated by the occasional “too good to pass up” deal, or a combination thereof:

Deal 1: Really cheap Bachmann 4-6-0 chassis from Bachmann

Deal 2: Surplus Bachmann 2-8-0 boiler, cab, and tender from a member here

=

Or at least it will over the course of the next year or so, becoming Tuscarora RR #6

I certainly don’t “need” it, and at this point, I’m wondering how a railroad with as little traffic as the Tuscarora RR could justify having 6 locomotives on its roster (I’m thinking maybe #3 or #4 would have had some kind of irreparable accident, thus the railroad replacing it with #6 in the late 20s or so…)

If and when I ever source inexpensive 48" drivers, I’ve got a small handful of middle-generation EBT locomotives that I’m going to take on. I’ve occasionally been able to scratch some of my “want to build” itches by building locos for others, too.

Bottom line, just give in and build it. You can always sell it later, but you’ll always have the satisfaction that came from building it in the first place.

Later,

K

Mike Toney said:

I can definatly understand that. At one time I was in that boat, mostly in HO scale and Lionel. I sold off whatever I barely ever or never ran and used the proceeds to buy my first live steam engine. If there is a certain locomotive that you have always wanted but never wanted or was able to afford what it goes for, you might look into selling off a few and getting that dream item you have always wanted. Just an idea. I only wish I was in your shoes in regards to G scale locomotives. I have a grand total of 3 LGB engines, 3 shared ownership live steamers and 1 that I own. its all “relative” HJ! :slight_smile:

Yes Mike, I’m of the same school; if you have them run them. If you don’t run them you don’t need them.

Haven’t bought any trains since spring 2014 ECLSTS and I needed a fix so I preordered two GP60s from RLD Hobbies. Not sure how many engines that I have, but 24 of them are New Haven about half of which are custom paints. Still working on a kit bash RS1 made from two USA Trains S4s and an Aristo Pacific that I’m attempting to turn into a Hew Haven I-4, but having a major snag with it lowering the walkways and moving the sand dome, so this may end up compromised.
AML GP60s are newer era than I prefer, but I needed a “fix”!!! LOL !!! Now, if the AML GP60s don’t arrive in an acceptable timeframe, then I’ll need a “refix”!!!

Hans-Joerg Mueller said:

David Maynard said:

Is that relatively extreme?

Hans, yes it is, for me anyway. And that 30 plus (I have lost count) doesn’t include my recently acquired Mogul, Forney, Little Critter and F3. So I might have passed the 40 locomotive point at this point. It also doesnt include my display pieces, a Milwaukee Road RS3 and Western Maryland FA1.

I think its time for my meds, and a nap.