Large Scale Central

I thought I was alone with this twist...

Doug Arnold said:

Do you use Aristo tie strips? Fairplex in Pomona, Calif., had a lot of rail problems a few years after installation. Aristo “fixed” the problem but it did the same thing after a few more years. The tie strips were at fault.

What did you do to correct the problem?

After getting stung twice in less than eight years they didn’t replace the tie strips with Aristo! Since they have over a mile of track I’m not sure what brand they went to. My dealer buddy may have supplied them with LGB. I know I laid mine here on the desert about 12 years ago and they are still fine.

Steve and I were talking about my railroad and I had mentioned that I had just refurbished enough brass track to complete my inner loop. I didn’t want to use any of the new box of Aristo aluminum flex track because another member in our club has had sections of his track twist out of gauge. That’s when Steve mentioned his problem. However the other club members layout is inside with fairly good climate control.

The aluminum rail problem has to be something in the manufacturing process that was used in China with the Aristo Craft product. I also have Micro Engineering aluminum rail in code 332 that I got from Bruce at SwitchCrafters and have no problems with it and its all in Aristo Craft USA ties. I guess only time will tell.