Large Scale Central

I love summer

Haven’t posted in a while… work, kids, other hobbies, etc, have me pretty busy. Bought an M998 (HMMWV) that’s eaten up a lot of time, but yesterday I was running trains and thought “This looks pretty good, I should take a picture”

We were out of town for a couple of weeks, visiting California for work and to see my wife’s family. The weeds still aren’t 100% under control, but overall it looks pretty good. I really appreciate self-seeding annuals and the perennial ground covers that have filled in so well. The more recent plantings of succulents made it through the (mild) winter fine, too.

It’s a long way from this:

Nice railroad Dan. I’m envious of your Kansas green. One of the reasons I went elevated. Tired of the dirt and weeds. Looks great.

Nice!

Nice

I would like summer if it would quit raining here.

Looks good. Plants make always brings a layout to life.

Rich Niemeyer said:
Nice railroad Dan. I’m envious of your Kansas green. One of the reasons I went elevated. Tired of the dirt and weeds. Looks great.

Thanks for the complement. But the green is definitely Kansas, not any skill of mine. You could grow anything here without even trying. Heck, if I didn’t pull seedlings out of the layout and have the lawn mowed regularly, the big tree in the yard would create a mini-forest in a couple of years. It’s hard to prevent things from growing: I have to work hard to keep ahead of the weeds, grass, and even the spread of plants that I actually want to grow. All that alyssum was self-seeded from last year’s planting and it’s taking over. Last week I looked out and noticed that the gazebo was completely covered :slight_smile: You can sort of see the roof (dark gray) in the lower right of the photo.