Large Scale Central

I like Panasonic

I always check through the fliers with techie stuff. In today’s London Drugs flier: Panasonic FZ70K 60X optical zoom 20-1200mm (35mm equivalent), viewfinder in addition to the 3"LCD and shoots full1080pi HD at 60fps. all the for Can$ 400.00

One more to consider for those who want as much as possible all in one.

I, too, like to look at the techie stuff.

I looked on amazon.com and found it for $354.

Tried amazon.ca and not in stock.

Don Howard said:

I, too, like to look at the techie stuff.

I looked on amazon.com and found it for $354.

Tried amazon.ca and not in stock.

Don,

A lot of the camera/camcorder equipment listed on Amazon USA is not available from Amazon CAN and they won’t ship to Canada.

:frowning: :frowning:

That’s why I buy from B&H in NY, NY (excellent service and good prices) or from The Camerastore when I’m in Calgary. Which is often enough to “Put it on the list”.

Amazing what selection they have in that store.

Oh BTW, list for the FZ70K is US$ 398 at B&H

:wink:

Have you looked at the FZ200 . Not as great range of zoom but a better lens, f2.8 through it’s entire range. Lumix (Panasonic) with Leica lens. I have the earlier FZ 150 it’s an amazing camera.

No I hadn’t. What really got my attention was the 60x optical zoom. Not that I need another camera, between the Canons and the Panas (cameras and camcorders) I’m set for the next little while. There will always be the next “latest and greatest”, that’s how they keep us spending money.

:wink: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I guess it would fit in the Loot thread, but …

Anyway, late Christmas Loot is a Panasonic DMC-ZS25 to replace my TZ5 - SWMBO will get that one to replace her TZ1.

The new one has more functions/settings than my DSLR and is even smaller then the TZ5 i.e. a more perfect “walk-around” camera. Also shoots 1080p for those occasions when I say “Damn, I should have my camcorder here!!”. Yes, that does happen on occasion.

Originally I ordered from a Canadian source, at even pricing when all was figured in, with my favourite US source.

Then comes the News that delivery would be delayed by a week, next News: no longer available.

The US source put that model on sale which dropped the price by about 25%. Paid for and on the way before the Loonie did more of a nose dive.

It arrived today. A nice surprise, after a few days of lousy surprises.