Large Scale Central

How Many cerve g scale track Do I need for this layout?

Hi I have a g scale train and i was just looking at mr.rogers show to see how his trolley track layout looks like. If I want to have a track layout like this How many cerve g scale cerve track you think i should need and what size?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3k3C-Man0I

Hello James
There are many curve tracks available in many different diameters. The diameter of curved track is measured as a full circle from the outside edges of the track not to be confused with radius which would be measured from a center point inside the circle. Track diameters range from 24 inches to 20 feet plus you could always bend your own for a custom curve. The major track manufactureres and most readily available at hobby shops etc… are Aristocraft, LGB, and USA trains. I think you need to have a look at your space where you want the track to go and fit in the biggest diameter you can fit in that space. Good luck.
Todd

Always go with the largest diameter/radius you can fit into your scheme. Later on you may want to run larger engines that require at least a 10ft diameter curve. I did that now wish I would have went even bigger, but the 10ft. serves my purpose. I have 500ft. of outdoor layout and run dash 9’s and steam engines. Regal

Indoor? Outdoor? Area available? Track plan? even a rough one? Way too many questions hanging …