Large Scale Central

How do I determine Switch size

Hello, this my first post so take that into consideration. I have some very large stainless steel switches that I’m trying to determine the size. Like is it a # 6 or # 8 or what ever. I was told there is a formula that is used by measuring from the frog, but thats all that was known. I will try and send a picture if I can. I believe the switch is an Aristocraft, stainless steel. No othe marking are on the ties or rail. They are about 36 inches long. ![IMG_2116|375x500]

(upload://5gGj3QCuM3D7HUhj7PPHn5QzEUJ.jpeg)
![IMG_2118|375x500]

I hope the pictures show up

I am hoping to sell but need to determine a fair price for the train show.

Thanks

Here’s a quick way to figure out the # of a switch. Measure the diverging rails an inch apart, and then measure from that same point back to the end of the frog.

switchangle

Sounds like they are #8. The #6 are about 2ft+ long.

Fixed the picture …somehow the code got reversed and never mind…there it is… by looking at the throw I believe it is Aristo

If they’re Aristo stainless, our own @Stan_Ames might be interested in buying them.

Anyone have any idea the value? I can’t find a thing on #8 switch from Aristocraft… does anyone have that switch?

Is it appropriate to sell them on this forum? I hope so.

Aristocraft TRACK

Stainless Steel

8 Foot Straight Track - Solid Sections

5 Foot Straight Track - Solid Sections

20 Foot Diameter Curved Sections

16.5 Foot Diameter Curved Sections

15 Foot Diameter Curved Sections

$90 bundle of 2

$120 bundle of 4

$65 bundle of 2

$200 bundle of 8

$180 bundle of 7

$85 bundle of 5

$140 bundle of 8

#6 Switch Manual Left Hand

#6 Switch Manual Right Hand

#6 WYE Manual Switch

$110 each

$110 each

$110 each

I have about

12 sticks of 8 ft track

26 sticks of 5 ft track

16 curved 20 ft diameter

6 curved 16.5

16 curved 15 ft

Switches are $110.00 each

3 RH SWITCHES

3 LF SWITCHES

1. WYE SWITCH

Prices are on previous page

Cash only and local pickup to expensive to send

Thanks
Oldrustyrail

I am interested in all of your track.

PM sent

Stan

Since I get dragged into everything else “can I get an Amen” for fixing that picture which woke everyone up?

Aaaaamem, Aaaaaaaamen Aaaaamen, Amen, Amen… sing it over

Yes! AMEN :smiley: and AMEN (are we at 20 chars yet?)

From the Gospel of Leghorn, in Book of Large Scale

• And on the third day, the rooster raised the lost image from the dead and posted it triumphantly to the forum thread.

• And the rooster said, ‘Let there be image,’ and there was an image, revived and posted for all to see, and it was good

• And a host of Centralians descended, clucking in harmony, as the image was lifted from the void and posted for all to behold. “ Glory be to He in the high roost, and on posts peace, good will towards threads.

Amen

I believe…

2 Likes