Large Scale Central

Helm Leasing HLCX

I’m not sure if I already let you know, but due to a power shortage, Helm Leasing was able to quickly find a couple of GP38-2’s to handle the Work900 this year. The first was released from the shops today, and the second should be ready in a couple of weeks.

Shane

excellent

excellent

Oh no, I made John stutter. :slight_smile: Thanks John.

They’ve released the second unit from the shops, so hopefully the snow will melt, and these can hit the rails.

Do these HLCX units have the cab seats, heaters, and radio removed with a permanent “do not occupy” stickers all over the interior of the cab?

Only a fire cracker and not a sinclair antenna? Wow…you are slacking !

Craig, CP used to like doing that, but they would also remove all of the glass and replace it with plywood.

Rooster, I thought you liked fireworks. Who knows, maybe in future years these will be stripped and become part of my CN fleet.

Ah yes, I’ve been in a few plywood covered locomotives as well. We seemed to get FURX units for a long while. They still had the BN standard paint scheme, but with a quick FURX patch out under the cab. The HLCX units always seemed to be a little cleaner/nicer than the FURX units. I didn’t complain too much when I got a consist of leaser units because I knew I could power brake and no one would care!

Craig, I don’t think I’ve seen a FURX since the 90’s. I always liked their green and silver repaints.

Shane Stewart said:

Craig, I don’t think I’ve seen a FURX since the 90’s. I always liked their green and silver repaints.

For some reason they kept hanging around for a while in the Pacific Northwest from about 2004-6 time frame. BNSF was really short on power at the time so it was funny to get assigned a FURX unit that was still basically a BN unit except for the FURX on the side. And the crews always got a kick out of calling in the radio with FU… rx XXXX…”