Large Scale Central

Hawaii Railway Co. No 5 at C.A.M.A.

“How would you model those trucks?”

HO gauge wheels on an expanded axle

The trouble is , no matter how accurately you model that particular event , there is always going to be some moron sniggering about how ridiculous it looks ; the thing to do there is show them a picture of a boiler being shopped on similar wheels and ask them to identify the rare loco .

Mike

I have the Bachmann 2-4-2, and while she a cute little locomotive, she cant even get out of her own way. Once I replace her with another 2-4-2, she is going to be scrapped. That is if she doesn’t fall apart on her own.

David Maynard said:

I have the Bachmann 2-4-2, and while she a cute little locomotive, she cant even get out of her own way. Once I replace her with another 2-4-2, she is going to be scrapped. That is if she doesn’t fall apart on her own.

When you are ready to scrap her I’ll make an offer just to paint her green and park on the dead line… The Indy suffers from similar tractive effort issues. I’ve never run mine on the RR - still waiting for a battery connector to be installed - been like 4 years now.

John, I added a lot of weight to my 2-4-2. After her sudden weight gain, she can pull 3 empty hoppers and a small caboose up to the summit. But she waddles a bit doing it. I know her drive train is probably in tears in the process. I looked at the Indy at the ECLSTS when they first came out. As soon as I picked it up, I knew she would have the same tractive effort as my 2-4-2 does. About the same as an anemic, asthmatic mouse. Its a shame, because they are both cute little steam engines.

Jon Radder said:

It would be better if the house wasn’t there. I think this might be a Photoshop candidate. I kept checking the settings since I’ve had so many problems recently.

Like This, Jon? :wink:

Not bad. Not bad at all.

I’m not sure if this angers me or or makes me happy. On one hand I’m not to thrilled about someone taking a photo from my web space, modifying it and uploading it to their own web space. I don’t watermark my photos with copyright claims, but this is the first time to my knowledge that I’ve had this happen. Maybe I need to start.

On the other hand, that’s a pretty good job of removing the house.

Guess I need to flip a coin to see if I should flip out :slight_smile:

Jon, I think he was just trying to help, and remove the house for you. So don’t flip out, since he had good intentions.

Now if he starts making and selling prints of that, then you can flip out. :wink: Ok?

Take a deep breath Jon. His intentions are honorable.

Jon, I’ve done the same thing for Ralph. Not to that extant, but I’ve edited pictures he’s taken to see if they could be improved. I certainly didn’t claim the pictures as mine, nor did John. They were good pictures that he wasn’t quite happy with so we experimented with different techniques to see what we could do to make them a little better. If it were me, I’d be asking “Hey, how’d ya do that?”

Jon , the posting of the alteration prompted me to look again at your pictures .

They are good . And I shall look at them again . I don’t think any of them need a change , even for artistic purposes . They are , after all , a record of a particular event on a particular day .

Given the change , which looks OK , I wonder if some railfan in the distant future will say “How did that house suddenly disappear ?” , then climb into his time machine to see why . He will be in for a shock .

So , another fan by another route , and I think “no harm done” .

Mike

By the way , my son Martyn is chuffed about seeing another loco from his favourite railway which he is currently modelling .

Jon Radder said:

I’m not sure if this angers me or or makes me happy. On one hand I’m not to thrilled about someone taking a photo from my web space, modifying it and uploading it to their own web space. I don’t watermark my photos with copyright claims, but this is the first time to my knowledge that I’ve had this happen. Maybe I need to start.

On the other hand, that’s a pretty good job of removing the house.

Guess I need to flip a coin to see if I should flip out :slight_smile:

It’s good to see that you end with a smileyface, Jon! I intend it as an homage to your picture. Please accept it as a gift in the spirit of admiration and humility in which it is offered.
And from you I’ve learned: “When torn between two emotions, pick the happier one.”
I look forward to our next meeting. I’ll buy the beer. Cheers!

Jon: You just hit 10,000 posts!!!