Large Scale Central

having fun with photos

I got a photo App on my phone called deep art effects. it turns your photos into all different effects from painting to cartoonish effects. I really like how the photos look when you add the effects. It doesn’t compare to the original photos but its a neat way to see your pictures. Before anyone says itI know its not for everyone.

No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: indoor

Image may contain: people sitting, table and outdoor

Seeing these on your FB posts.

I think they look pretty cool, you may want to show what the real pic looks like for an example.

Nicely done. The trick with those apps is to pick a good transformation, and the one you selected works really well with your train pics. It would be quite entertaining to see the original pics too (I bet I’d like those too!).

One looks to me like your Christmas card this year :slight_smile:

Jim Rowson said:

One looks to me like your Christmas card this year :slight_smile:

Really cool Shawn. Can you get a PC version? Or is it only a phone app? (I looked on their web site, didn’t see the answer).

They look really cool, and knowing what these scenes look like after watching your videos, it’s like looking at those scenes painted on canvas. Very nice Shawn!

Finally found and IOS version

My pic viewer allows me to do a bump map, sketch or oil painting. I like the painting effect best.

I play with the effects rarely though.

Here’s an old favorite that lends itself to the effect…

Fun stuff! The effects filters can often be overdone but these all turned out nice.

Cliff Jennings said:

Really cool Shawn. Can you get a PC version? Or is it only a phone app? (I looked on their web site, didn’t see the answer).

Thanks Cliff. I believe its only a Phone App but I could be wrong. Windows might have something on PC. There are a few different ones. I found this to be the best.

John Caughey said:

My pic viewer allows me to do a bump map, sketch or oil painting. I like the painting effect best.

I play with the effects rarely though.

Here’s an old favorite that lends itself to the effect…

Thats a cool one. They have so many options from painting, cartons, sketching etc… The hardest is finding the one you like best.

With Google’s Deep ‘Dream’ code you can do some trippy stuff with images. There are a number of web apps now providing the free imaging service online.
Here is one of them: https://dreamscopeapp.com/
Below are some experiments I did a while back using black and white pencil drawings by Nate Hefner, a young guy from the ‘other site’.
These are relatively ‘tame’ conversions resembling post impressionist painting styles.