Large Scale Central

Ground throw for LGB

Anyone know of a good ground throw for an LGB 1600 or 1800 series switch?
Thanx.
jb

I hope it will be the harp switches from Ozark. I’m going to do a little adding to the ties but I just bought 20 of them!

Are those Ozark Harp throws strong enough for real use?

Ric Golding said:
Are those Ozark Harp throws strong enough for real use?
Tgey look it and my LGB swiches are an easy thrw. They are going to get a lot of use on my layout because I'm into operations. I'm installing groumd throws on all my switches, most of which are the 16000s.

Doug,

I’m very interested in your progress, please keep everyone posted.

Ric Golding said:
Doug,

I’m very interested in your progress, please keep everyone posted.

I will. Now that the weather here on the Southern California desert is “cooling” a little I’ll get busy with undercoating and painting and installing…

Doug,

So you’ve already purchased them? Is this going to go at ground level? How do you plan to extend the ties? I’ve looked at this and felt something could be done with the ties that already have the holes in them for mounting the LGB switch machines.

They’ll be at ground level. I’ll get my exercise throwing switches. At least I can think that!
I have looked at the mounting for the switch machines but haven’t thought of a way to use them. The ties don’t come out far enough for the throwns on the ground switches.
From the throw on the ground switchstand to the rail switch I’m going to use some 1/16" brass rod. I think it’s stiff enough to do the job.

Doug:

Depending on which side of the switch you want to mount the throw, remove the very end of those two ties. Form a peice of wood to fit under these ties. You can use the existing holes where the LGB switch machine would mount to attach these. The length of the wood ties all depends what distance your switch stands have to be away from the switch.

Hank

Would a tenmille work?

Hey, thats kinda spiffy!